See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Stayed here for business many times. Amazingly, the reception does not speak English and this makes it more difficult to explain problems. Also a very small bar where the receptionist makes the drinks. They are friendly and do their best. Quiet street, I can sleep nicely there. The shower in the room is extremely small (Stayed in room 210). If you are a big person, do not go there, you can hardly fit. The rooms are clean, sometimes I do see insects in the stairway which are open. The swimming pool is nice with evening sun.
Close to the harbor, 15 minute walk, and close to the beach.
For holidays I would choose a different Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Peteruga
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Clean, comfy bed, lovely breakfast, courtesy of the staff, very close to the beach as also to the main road to Mirabilandia and other attractions. We had a fast check in and out. Hopefully we Will be back

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I want to share my impressions about the hotel "Alexia Palace 4 *" . We’ve stayed here for 15 days. On first 8 days, except towels changing and trash removal, no cleaning was done (only 2 maids for 50 rooms). Hotel doesn’t have its own restaurant, so if you want to have a lunch you are forced to go outside anyway. Also they don’t have it own bicycle rent service. On the beach, which is recommended by the hotel staff, price is much higher (with "discount") than on other beaches without discount.
All our stay was completely marred by the last day. We were allowed to have a late check-out. We were asked to pay for accommodation after the lunch (it’s essential to mention that during our stay we came to reception twice to make a payment for the whole stay, but were told that it is not necessary to pay in advance). When we came back, they refused to give us a room key, arguing that we did not pay. Our explanations that all our stuff, documents, money that we need to pay for the stay is inside the room made no effect. Our car was also in the garage that opens only by the receptionist.
After some time director has come (man, who is so "far" from the service sphere) and asked us to go in the room together with him. Why don’t you trust and disrespect your customers ?!.
Do you want to choose this hotel? No way…

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Alex M
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My partner and I stayed here for 12 nights while he was competing in a Sailing regatta there. I had the best time at this hotel. A lot of our friends also stayed there which made it even more enjoyable. The beds in the rooms aren't great, they were quite hard, and the shower was hard work as it had a lot of bells and whistles (massagers etc). The rooms are big and you don't get noise from other rooms. We had a beautiful little balcony with a great view. One of the receptionists wasn't very friendly at all. We called her "the night naizi!". The manager at the front desk Daniella spoke good English and was very friendly and helpful. The pool was amazing! Lots of lounges, showers, toilets and a spa. We had waitresses coming out everyday offering lunch and drinks. There was even a "pool guy" making sure everything was in order. We often bought take away and alcohol back to the pool area and they didn't mind a bit. The breakfast was great, heaps to chose from and great service. They have free Wifi but it kept dropping out every couple of minutes. Everything was so clean! Such a great little town too. i would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emsy945
Reviewed 7 July 2010

On arrival we checked in no problem, after two days we were asked to pay for the full two weeks.We explained we needed to raise the cash,they were not to happy to wait and we paid the next day.
About a week later we returned to the hotel with friends for a drink in there bar.I went to collect my key to the room and it was not there, they were insistant that I had it or one of my friends had taken it. I would like to add that at this point the key had never left the hotel,it was handed in each time we left. Often on return to the hotel there was no one on reception but there would be keys on the top of the desk.After a while they agreed to let me into the room,once in my room the receptionist asked me to empty my bag,so she saw i had no key but by now I am feeling like a thief.
The next morning leaving my room open as I had no key I went to reception to see if the key had been found.It had not and i was told that they would get the cleaner to let me in and out.As you can imagine we were concerned that some one had our key and they could rob us.On return to the hotel my partner asked to speak to the manager who spoke no english but the receptionist reluctantly explained our concerns and he agreed to change the lock.During this whole time they did not except that there could be anyone at fault except me.I hasten to say the key never left my possesion till the day we left.
We decided to leave a day earlier than booked for, so that morning we asked them to make our bill up ready. Some three hours later I went and asked for my bill and the receptionist said I would have to wait as she was doing someone else's bill.I said I was leaving now so she did it reluctantly.On the bill they showed us ,they were still including the two weeks we had paid in advance for.We were not happy and had to wait for another bill to be wrote.
We feel that these people on reception need to remember they work in a service industry and with out us they would have no jobs.
We would never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel becaue the attitude of the receptionist which spoiled our time there.
Mrs S Fletcher