“Lovely place”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

It has about 5 years since we visited Il Carro last time. At that time the restaurant was very busy partly because of the food (I suppose) but certainly also for the enormous playground for kids which was the big attraction you could see from the road.

Now 5 years later (July 2017) the playground almost disappeared and apparently also the customers.

Huge change and we frankly didn't know what to expect. But it was a very pleasant surprise and all 4 of us were very delighted with our food.

Frankly you can probably get a Pizza as good many other places but the pasta and particularly the tartar was outstanding.

I can see that Il carro get some mixed reviews here at TripAdvisor - but I won't hesitate recommending going there if you are about!!!

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where the grilled sardines arrived (closely followed by the seafood risotto - and we're talking roughly 5 mins after ordering) before the drinks. Odd. That kind of sums up the experience. Reasonable sardines. Ok risotto. Ok Gnocchi. Ok pizza margherita. Odd Lasagne.
Don't say I didn't tell ya.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

Very nice place, in tiny place, with enough shadow to help you hide from sun. Great place for kids- all kind of pizzas+some nice attractions. Mine were super satisfied with a bumping castle! The prices are OK as well :) Nice Italian cuisine

Reviewed 23 December 2014

I went there with my sons, brother, sisters, nieces and nephews for the traditional December 8th celebration of my dad...20 persons.
I had been enjoying lunch and dinners there in the past with my beloved wife too in the past and always been happy with their menue and quality fish-based meals, as well as for the competitive price with respect to similar places.
I love the venue, inside and outside, suitable for childrens who want can't efford remain seated for hours, they can run in the garden and have fun with the tyopical amenities available.
Just a few minutes from the beautiful seaside with pine wood.
We hade pre-arranged selection of the meals in the menue, at least 7-8 dishes, from appetizers with prawns, capa santa, sweet n sour sardines, pasta and rise with shrimps and prawns, mixed grilled and deep fried fish and sea foods.
Recipes were perfect, delicios taste combinations of fish and vegetables, nice chilled Prosecco...
At the end of the meals everybody expressed a negative opinion on a common point: sand in almost all dishes!!!
We found the reason from the very first dish: the prawns!
This sea food was a very common ingredients in almost all dishes and, for this reason almost every dish was bringing sand to your mouth in between the teeth!
When we discovered the reason, I could ot believe such a TRIVIAL mistake was made by this kitchen: the gut had not been removed!
My suprise and disappointment became very high when I approached the cash to pay the restaurant and had a chat with the chef and his wife (the cashier) and asked them a feedback on the issue: no feedback at all!!!
I could have understood it as an accident in the sea-food preoaration before cooking in one or 2 pieces....but this was not an accident, there was no surprise at all and I had a net ffeling that they were considering my claim as a mere tentative of being granted a sirt of dicount...what a delusion!
Well...what to say, they have lost 20 customers in one time for a trivial mistake.
The worst mistake was not to apologise and recognise the issue.

1  Thank Robyc99
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Meals were so far apart. One of us didn't get their main course until after the rest of us were long finished. Service was terrible/bordering on rude. Very very loud due to loads of kids and an outdoor bouncy castle! Flies and mosquitoes were everywhere, they did nothing to help us there! No candle or anything! I recommend you avoid if you like good service and nice food!