All reviews underground parking breakfast room nice room pleasant stay one night stay yogurt free wifi nice hotel fridge europa shampoo
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Four nights here on a trip that started with work but evolved into a weekend getaway. Excellent front desk service that helped to clear up any possible confusion. Eg I was looking for more shampoo and they made sure I got what needed in a speedy fashion. Even brought it up to my room for me.

The cleaning staff were a little exuberant in their conversations between 9-11am, but that was really only a problem when this jet lagged American was trying to sleep. After that, it was just charming and it was good to see people finding joy in the work they did.

While my room was pretty spotless, the bathroom did smell like old cigarettes. However, considering the prevalence of smoking in this country, it was a level that I thought was reasonable. I kept the bathroom door closed and found that that took care of that.

I enjoyed the location between the Ospedale and Europa stations. It was super convenient for getting downtown, and the sound proofing was such that if I closed the doors and windows, I couldn’t hear anything from either my neighbors or the traffic outside.

Breakfast was yummy and plentiful. And yes, they repeat the menu, but there are enough options to mix it up should you so wanted to. The free flow espresso machine was popular and much appreciated. I appreciated the fresh fruit and yoghurt options too. Allowed for some fiber before heading out for the great cuisine outside, which was nevertheless meat and pasta heavy!

So, on the whole, a great experience for a modest place. And the Indian-Italian restaurant on the ground level was a great resource for a rainy winter day. The food was good, and the bar had all the essentials. It seemed to be well frequented by locals, especially for lunch. Everything made much better again by the excellent service.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed at the Regal for one night as we were making our way back to England. We found the family room for 5 very clean and quite spacious. The bathroom was clean and the little kitchenette was ideal as it had a fridge which we could put in our supplies for our trip home. There was even a balcony that you could sit out on.

The kids loved the pool on the roof and it was nice to have air con as the weather was very hot. Free Wi-Fi also helps with teenagers.

Our stay included breakfast which was very well organised and lots of it. There was a range of scrambled egg and bacon to yoghurt and fruit. My kids loved the pastries and the hot chocolate.

There is parking for free or you can pay for underground parking. We paid for underground parking as our car was full with our luggage etc.
The staff were very helpful and accommodating.

A pleasant stay for all.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Loud and dirty rooms with old furniture. The pictures on the homepage looks nice but the rooms are not comparable to them. Spacious yes but dirty. And worst of all loud. Can hear chefs of the kitchen in the Indian restaurant underneath the room. Every plate and also talking of them you can hear till they close about midnight.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 May 2017

1. The exterior is odd, and Indian restaurant raises an eyebrow
2. The room was comfortable
3. There is a pool on the roof that I didn't check out
4. The lobby lacks a manager. The muzak is always on. If you've been to Italy you know that EVERY cafe, hotel and restaurant blasts same 3 American and Italian "hits" on perpetual rotation. I understand that the receptionists need to keep themselves entertained (do they?), but sometimes it's just too much. And then there are the cleaners who give the impression of socializing in the lobby. Basically, the place could use a manager on site, even of minimal taste and ability, to supervise the place.
5. However, no real complaints. As always, with Italy, "I don't know" and "it's good as it is" and "let's be accomodating" is the problem. It's everywhere, and this hotel is no exception - a lack of any standard. I've no idea how do they manage to star hotels in Italy.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

this hotel is rated as a 3 star, but i would rate it a 2 star at best. we booked it because we were visiting mille miglia and there was nothing available i town. close to metro ospedale. however, it is situated on the edge of a roundabout, between 2 busy roads. at the entrance is a very scruffy small kids play area and the rubbish bins.

it's more like a motel. only 1 person on the desk. although they are friendly, it's not the best service. our room smells of syale cigarette. i didn't notice immediately because it was covered with air freshener, but after a few hours it became really apparent. i complained the next day (i am really sensitive to smoke) but the man on reception said he would ask the cleaners to clean our room thoroughly. i left the balcony door open all day but it still smells. the decor is tired and needs an update.

the rooftop pool is tired too. no shelter that i could see and the loungers looked old and tatty.

there is air conditioning (thank god, traffic is so noisy) and there is a safe in the room. breakfast was 3 euros per person so you can't complain, but the hotel was price totally exploited the mille miglia.

would not stay again.