“Good food, service could improve”

Osteria Vecchio Botticino
Ranked #14 of 996 Restaurants in Brescia
Price range: US$23 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had dinner at Osteria Vecchio Botticino and our food was very well prepared. Food prices are a little bit on the steep side and for that we would expect a better service than we had: it took them a good 15 minutes to bring us the bill.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We tried it last Saturday.
It is located in one the more active area in Brescia. Once Arnaldo Square has been closed to traffic, it will become one of the best places where to spend an evening.
Coming to the restaurant, menù is quite simple and traditional. What we selected was ok: good quality and well cooked.
Staff is friendly and follows you actively.
Prices are ok considering where you are having dinner.
Wine list is, from my point of view, very basic. Let me add that I am not a great fan of Northern Italy wine except Barolo and Amarone. I would add few options from the Centre and from the South to give clients wider selection.
Pity there was a too loud music last Saturday which disturbed a lot our conversations.
To be honest I did not find anything which would push me to recommend it to friends. Most probably I am into a totally kind of environment and atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

This amazing country always gives me reasons to like itself. Especially about food.
It was the first time I've been there. We tried many things and we liked all what we had.
I also liked the place itself, ambiance and the service.
I left that restaurant with very satisfied feeling. I'm going to take a part of Italy with myself.

Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

a good place to go for genuine cuisine. Please avoid ordering house wine . Overall a very good experience with very friendly staff

Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

You must dine here if you are in the region. Great ambiance with excellent service. We ate here with two families and asked them to bring a smattering of their best dishes and they did not disappoint. We have been traveling all over Italy for the past 2 weeks and on our last night had our best meal. Thank you!!!

1  Thank ArlinF