“An ordinary place where to spend an evening”

Osteria Vecchio Botticino
Ranked #14 of 985 Restaurants in Brescia
Price range: US$23 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We tried it last Saturday.
It is located in one the more active area in Brescia. Once Arnaldo Square has been closed to traffic, it will become one of the best places where to spend an evening.
Coming to the restaurant, menù is quite simple and traditional. What we selected was ok: good quality and well cooked.
Staff is friendly and follows you actively.
Prices are ok considering where you are having dinner.
Wine list is, from my point of view, very basic. Let me add that I am not a great fan of Northern Italy wine except Barolo and Amarone. I would add few options from the Centre and from the South to give clients wider selection.
Pity there was a too loud music last Saturday which disturbed a lot our conversations.
To be honest I did not find anything which would push me to recommend it to friends. Most probably I am into a totally kind of environment and atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

This amazing country always gives me reasons to like itself. Especially about food.
It was the first time I've been there. We tried many things and we liked all what we had.
I also liked the place itself, ambiance and the service.
I left that restaurant with very satisfied feeling. I'm going to take a part of Italy with myself.

Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

a good place to go for genuine cuisine. Please avoid ordering house wine . Overall a very good experience with very friendly staff

Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

You must dine here if you are in the region. Great ambiance with excellent service. We ate here with two families and asked them to bring a smattering of their best dishes and they did not disappoint. We have been traveling all over Italy for the past 2 weeks and on our last night had our best meal. Thank you!!!

1  Thank Arlin F
Reviewed 30 April 2015

We stopped here for dinner since it seemed the most popular place on a street with 5 other restaurants. The food here was pretty good. Can't give it a full five stars since my steak felt like it was missing something. It was a great cut of fillet though. My wife really enjoyed the stuffed de-boned rabbit.
It was also in a great location right next to a big 24x7 underground parking structure. Definitely see if you can hit up this place on your visit to this great town.
The only thing I was taken back by is that they served horse. I guess it is common there but wasn't ready for that.