“The best food in one of Italy's most beautiful towns”

Ristorante Trevisani
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Italian food doesn't get any better than this. The risotto is incomparable, the beef tagliata is the finest I have ever tasted anywhere in the world. I would say that this is not a cheap restaurant but it is truly fantastic: perfect for a treat, a celebration or entertaining business guests. In actual fact, you shouldn't need a reason to eat here because a meal in this restaurant is an occasion in itself. Don't bother with the antipasti or desserts, just go straight for the primi and secondi ! !

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This is another place that had been recommended by a friend who visits the area regularly. As always, he was spot on.

They have a very comfortable room with a lot of interesting things to hold your attention while waiting for your food. There is a nice contrast of elegant china and crystal in the rustic setting.

Service was friendly and efficient. We were a party of four and everything came out together and was properly prepared.

The menu seems to change seasonally, if not weekly. We started with two of the appetizer trays what had a lot in interesting things including carpaccio of venison and a number of seafood items. The pasta portions were large enough to share – an order of gnocchi and an order of risotto for four people. We ordered four different secondi, mostly meat, and all were great.

The wine list was deep and reasonably priced, especially the local wines.

We would return without hesitation.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

I dined at this restaurant two years ago on a group tour. I enjoyed the dining experience immensely. I had ocassion to return to Bassano del Grappa again this summer. My quest was to refind this restaurant, all I remembered was that it seemed to be hidden in a great wall. I found it! My dining experience the second time was equally outstanding. Food, ambiance, service and value are all excellent. Ask to see the wine cellar if possible.

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 27 January 2016

We were in Bassano del Grappa for the day and wanted a light lunch. I wish we had needed a big lunch! The restaurant is decorated in a rustic manner, lots of copper ware on the walls plus remains of frescoes. The food is beautifully presented and delicious. We each had a plate of antipasti misto, mixed antipasti. What a gorgeous mixture... Polenta with mushrooms and shaved Parmesan, creamy cheese with sun dried tomatoes, meat patty, fish mousse, pastrami ham, mixed mushrooms with Gorgonzola dressing and a whole peeled crayfish. We had a couple of glasses of prosecco and the bill was 36 €.
If only we had come hungry.

Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

Sad it pretends to be more than it is. Great starter as long as you want the sole choice available.

Only 2 other tables on a Saturday night probably says it all and should have followed instinct to leave.

Wine ok.

Main suitable for much lower aiming establishment as basic fryer and admitted pre cooked and reheated !!!

Desert went down hill further.

Perhaps those on business lunches being paid for are happy as free - those paying €100 rather than 70 value not so happy

Search for better elsewhere