All reviews pizza eggs abruzzo region wedding drive relatives mountains drain
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Staid in the busy hotel olimpia. Found the wireless wifi very poor on the second floor. Worked ok at the reception. Bed comfortable enough space for some yoga exercise in the room. Standard italian breakfast. Provided parking and outdoor pool.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jorgen L
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My husband and myself stayed at this lovely hotel at the begining of July 2017. the reason we were there was we were attending the wedding of a friend of my husbands. We were made very welcome upon arrival and given our room key and directions to the room with a wonderful smile from the lady on reception. The room was very large and high ceilings, large very comfortable bed, sofa and table and chairs (this was a standard room). The room was spotless as was the bathroom which was also big. Our room had a view of the mountains, very peaceful. the breakfast was very good, plenty of variety. The food in the restaurant was superb, we ate only twice as we had the wedding to attend. I would not hesitate to reccomend this hotel and cannot wait to return. Grazie mille for a superb stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2017

If travelling in Italy, don't overlook the Abruzzo region. It is worth your while to get off the beaten path and go into the heart of the country. It is a short drive 60 km. or so east of Rome.

Last spring, our family of 15 visited Italy. We lodged at the Hotel Olimpia. This hotel is fabulous. Having attended a family wedding reception there in 1999, I arranged for a reception for my relatives, who live in nearby Paterno. The caterers provided appetizers, desserts and beverages in a beautifully decorated party room. My relatives came to meet my family and enjoyed the delicious provisions. We ranged in age from 74 to 10, and the hotel staff were "over the top" in attending our needs.

The breakfast spread was phenomenal, the restaurant meals delicious, and the pizza the best in the region (proclaimed by my cousin, who goes there regularly). The rooms were kept impeccable.

While there, we visited the area of Fucino, which is a plain formed by a lake that was drained in the mid 1800s. The area also offers ski resorts in Avezzano and Celano, a castle to tour, ancient Roman ruins (Alba Fucens), Abruzzo National Park, which was beautiful, plus other sites to see. You can drive around Fucino and pass through beautiful, ancient towns. This area has been described as "the last frontier", in that it has a stark beauty of its own, not so green and lush. Don't miss it, as you will fall in love with it. To make your stay most enjoyable, be sure to stay at the Hotel Olimpia.

Grazie mille a Antonietta and the staff at the Hotel Olimpia. I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: To me, any room would suffice. I was just happy to be there.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Is the best hotel of avezzano supposed to be. Have to say the structure is older a bit but rooms and equipment was adequate.
If you ask for a room on the other side of the road you will have a buitifull view on the mountains, especially nice evenings when the sun goes down.
Breakfast like most Italian breakfast rather sweet staff but you find eggs and some ham and chease as well.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Value for money hotel with excellent hospitality, spacy and clean rooms, excellent in house pizzeria and a above average Italian breakfast. The beds need improvement the matrasses are too hard and thin.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business