“Party very good, partly experimental”
Review of Ristorante Larossa

Ristorante Larossa
Reserve with
Ristorante Larossa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 210 Restaurants in Alba
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I went with the Gastranomic meny. I regret the choice. Some dishes were fantastic. Others were experimental, the tastes did not match as I was hoping for. I belive the traditional is a better choise. The service was as good as you can expect from a Michelin star restaurant, however it was a little slow. I was waiting a long time for several dishes. Beeing alone, it was a bit aukward.

On the positive side, the wines was very good for the price.

I paid the double amount for a dinner at the Duome, but value for money was better. But the best dishes at Larossa was good enough to be coming back.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

This restaurant is a 1 Star in the Michelin guide so you go in with certain expectations, and for the most part they meet them. Food is well prepared ans served, ambiance is minimalist and offers guest some privacy. The cook has a tendency to combine sweet and salty, and while in many dishes this shines, in others ( like pannacotta dessert) it may be somewhat surprising. The selection of wines is generous in quality and quantity. Why the rating, then ? Well, a classy place should also be welcoming, and this was issue N 1. Waiters appeared distant, cold, almost robotized, the one that takes you downstairs behaves like he is introducing you to some CEO, you poor guest that decide to have the 60 € menu have no rights to know the list of dishes ( while the 250€ menu guest certainly has it). Issue N 2 was the chef creativity, which for me was below par. A boring stufato with mushed potatoes was disappointing, a well prepared but slightly overcooked tajiolin dish left me unimpressed. Issue N 3 is the price. For 90 € each ( with half bottle of wine) I can be dining on the Hilton overlooking Rome, for example. They did not greet us when we left because we left no tip. Not going back

1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We ate at this restaurant last night. I'm not a person that really minds the heat, usually. Last night it was so hot in this restaurant that I'm not able to tell you if the food was good or not. There was almost no air coming out of the vent near us, and it made me literally nauseous and unable to enjoy their food. I had my fan from Spain in my bag, which I've never needed to use, and that helped a little, constantly fanning myself. I'd say the food was good, but when we walked outside it was so cool and comfortable outside, I would have rather eaten anywhere outside where we could have enjoyed the outside cooler temperatures. I understand Italians aren't big on air conditioning, but if your restaurant is in a basement with no windows, you just can't expect people to enjoy their experience with sweat running down their faces.I wish someone had warned me about this situation, because I wouldn't have wasted an evening of my vacation eating at this restaurant when I could have enjoyed myself with outdoor seating, elsewhere.

3  Thank flygirl123
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We had a good experience in this restaurant. The Barolo wine list is impressive. The quail was very good, the piemontese veal more common.

2  Thank Bruno V
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

A very nice experience om a quiet Friday night in Mai. We chose a five-course menue consisting of typical lokal dishes of the season. The wine-pairing was exquisite with 2 x Barolo and Barbaresco + more. The staff was friendly and professional and made the visit ond to remember!

2  Thank Jan N