“Vera pizza Napoletana ad Alba”
Review of La Duchessa

La Duchessa
Ranked #29 of 215 Restaurants in Alba
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I have been a customer for more than 20 years and I find the pizza here amazing.
They feature a custom-built wood burning pizza oven.
The owners are from Naples and they are wonderful.
"Fonzi" as the locals call the owner who manages the dining room, is everything you expect from the perfect host. He is fun and takes excellent care of all customers.
There is no way I came to Alba and I do not stop here for a pizza.
They are also open for lunch (which is great being in the city center).
Do yourself a favor and go visit La Duchessa.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

To call La Duchessa a pizzeria is misleading because the Italian & local food is excellent. The young serving girls could use some more training & experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Very friendly service and reasonable prices. Not much in the way of atmosphere or decor, but fine.

We are a family of four and ordered two pasta dishes and two different pizzas, the margherita and the capricciosa. The pizzas were very good and quite large: Big enough for my two kids (ages 7 and 9) to share the margherita. The pasta dishes were plentiful as well, but neither was particularly good. My husband ordered the carbonara, and although not bad, it was like no other carbonara we have ever had in Italy or elsewhere: it was white and was there even any egg in there? More cream? Not sure, but would never have guessed it to be carbonara (and this is one of our favorite foods; we travel to Italy regularly). I ordered the agnolotti del plin. They were fine, but there were simply way to many of them and the taste was very one dimensional. I have never ordered this dish before, so I have nothing with which to compare them.

So, to sum it up, if you want pizza, I would definitely recommend this place. If you want something else, perhaps elsewhere would be better.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

In my opinion one of the best pizza I ever eat. I've been there few Times and always is the same high level. Fantastic ingridients.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Went for lunch to this little pizzeria. It was a little difficult to find but nothing Google maps couldn't cope with. The conservatory is not too small but the tables are quite tight, but don't let that put you off.

The service was friendly and courteous. Although the the waiter had no English this wasn't a problem as there is a full menu translated into Emglish. We had two types of gnocchi to start, one in the house sauce of tomato and cream with oregano, very tasty. The other came in plain cheese sauce and was just as ordered.

The selection of pizzas available was really good, lots of local combinations and ingredients. The bases were quite thin and nicely crisp on the bottom. The toppings were generous and well seasoned. We'd some double malted beer with the meal which hit the spot, nicely round and sweet.

Overall a good example of Italian pizza, and very cheap to boot, the average pizza being about €8. With good service, wide selection and nicely made pizza it's worth the effort.