“Lunch”

Hotel Danio Lungomare Ristorante
Ranked #51 of 191 Restaurants in Alassio
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This is a cool hotel and restaurant. Runned by one of the nicest family I meet.
Food ain't best ever but it's well done Italian traditional food. Try it! Take time to talk with father Danio. He's got a great histori

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We has lunch here and where satisfied. No complicated cooking just plain Italian food. Some would call this old school cooking but I call it cooking with love.
Try their tofie with pesto, or small fried Anchovies. Gorgeous!

Reviewed 6 October 2016

I promised my wife that we would have a meal out whilst in Alassio which was easier said than done with so many restaurants to choose from. But in fact our choice was made easy due to the simple fact that most restaurant menus were in multiple languages but none of them English. This establishment was an exception with a menu in clear and precise English, German and Italian. We had the all in one option with options for each course for a total of 20 euros each and what a bargain it turned out the be. We were served by the girl from the reception who, as we later found, could converse with four different nationalities around us, us English are so bad at languages. She was charming and pleasant as she took our order in perfect English, then did the same for others in French, German and Italian. The waitresses were just the same, charming and pleasant and some were multi lingual. But the food was wonderful, nothing fancy I agree, chicken, pomme frites, salad, but this was after a fantastic starter of lasangne. Bread and a caraf of red wine then a chocolate pudding, by which time my wife and I could hardly move the portions were so generous.

The boss came over to have a few words, as he did with others, in thier own language as well. He seemed pleased that we had enjoyed our meal so much and said the place would be closing in October for a big clean so would be open at a later date. We were sat outside, the weather demanded it, but the inside restaurant was just as busy as our outside place. It is easy to see why, an all round pleasant experience with the food, service, and pleasant atmosphere all top notch, well done Danio Lungomare, we hope to visit again some day. We didn't book our table so I suspect in the heavier parts of the holiday season this would be a must for I would also suspect that places would be at a premium if our experience is anything to go by.

Reviewed 6 June 2015

I was so surprised to find the one restaurant in Italy where the food and service was subpar. This was our 6th time to Italy in all areas of the country ad we had never had a bad experience when it came to food. The restaurant is on the first floor of a hotel and was so uninteresting a room that we weren't sure we were in the restaurant or the lobby. The menu seemed to reflect an inexpensive meal was to be had. I ordered Spaghetti Carbonara. It came in a large bowl filled to the top which looked promising. Then I began to eat. The carbonara were undercooked and so fatty that after I tried to cut off the fatty parts of the meat there was literally a speck of meat left on the fork. It would have taken many specks to make one decent bite. Th meat also contained no spices at all and was as bland as I've ever had. Then I thought I could eat some of the spaghetti to fill me up but it was so much harder than al dente it broke in my mouth. I settled for bread in the oil and vinegar on the table. A second plate of Veal Valdestana arrived with veal that had fat around it. The cheese and ham added no taste whatsoever to the dish and this course was not eaten either. My husband ordered Muscles Marinara. It came in a heaping bowl of 4 dozen muscles. Muscles are a local dish in Alassio and every restaurant serves it in buckets full and it is fairly inexpensive. He had the muscles with Penne Bolognese which said was overly al dente but had a very a good sauce and lots of meat. Our witness service was spotty at best. At one point a waitress came and asked us for our order. Then 10 minutes later a male manager came back to our table and asked us again for our order, Whn we told him we had already ordered he said that waitress shouldn't have asked us because it wasn't her job. This sort of thing happen during the entire meal. I mentioned that it was an inexpensive dinner and with the bottle of wine included we spent $36.00 on it all. I would have rather been served smaller plates with better food or paid more for a better meal. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Is there limits of service time in lunch? How long will you waiting from first meal to the second one? And for dessert after? What about 2 hours? I reminded two times about our dessert...

Waiter have seated us (family with small baby) near the table with horrible smokers...

And - yes - let's view potatoes!

Horrible...