“Cuisine Ligure”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food experience the first evening in Alassio. Highly recommended if you look for local cooking.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Dinner for two, their fixed menu looked as a good option.

We had:
- farinata: excellent
- wine: terrible. I didn't finished it (and I'm from Veneto, we like wine a lot)
- tagliolini con bottarga di tonno: excellent
- tagliolini alle clams: over-whelmed with parsley and cooking water. Damn guys, the clams where actually good! Why ruin them?
- fritto misto: very good
- cuttlefish caponata: WTF! It was a cuttlefish salad with cherry tomatoes (ok), celery (ok) and walnuts. Walnuts. As above: do it simple! Change it name (caponata is something else), take this walnuts out (they don't fit there) and put some of the parsley you exaggerated with the clams!

We didn't take the desserts (too much stuff) and they offered us the digestive!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

For a 20 euro dinner this place offers a complete meal from starters to dessert. The meal was delicious and fresh . The staff a friendly. And its along the beach front. Will come back for sure

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Daily menu all inclusive (primo, secondo, dessert, wine and coffee), all fresh food, for only 20€ !!! Don't miss it!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

There is the famous anonymous saying: "life is too short to drink bad wine." I subscribe to the same philosophy when it comes to food. This is a very difficult review for me to write as the staff here is very kind, the restaurant is attractive and there are some surprisingly good elements (e.g. Pasqualini Cafe). At least for lunch, they have a surprisingly low price point and how much can you expect at 20 Euros for a full meal, wine, water and coffee?

So, I would like to give them a higher rating, but the farinata and pasta were just adequate. Perhaps I am prejudiced against powdered bottarga, and I should have known better not to order pasta with bottarga at this price point.

For a restaurant that describes itself as being typical Ligurian, the only bottled white wine they have is a generic chardonnay from Piemonte. When I got our bill, I understood why. You can't produce Pigato or Vermentino in a bottle for 3 Euros much less sell it for a profit.

We are certainly not against modest restaurants that provide value and atmosphere. But we can afford and usually pay a lot more for a meal and have higher expectations. Their pasta was decently prepared, but nothing to write home about.

Our desserts, a portion of nearly frozen Mascarpone with some chocolate powder on top was tasty. It is a friendly neighborhood place that has a lot going for it. But I can't in good conscience rate it higher than average. Most of my reviews are of places that have higher ratings and we aspire to more than average.

1  Thank ulysses4