“Oh so good.....”

Price range: US$2 - US$2
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: My name is Alberto Marchetti, and I love making gelato since I am a kid. I make it with dedication, only following family recipes and using few unelaborate, high-quality ingredients. Respect for tradition, simplicity, and passion: this is my modus operandi; this is why I’ve decided to enter the game in rst person. My cooperators are my friends: from my employees – who share my passion for the work we do –, to my suppliers, who I all know personally. My activity is based on constant search for good ingredients, which I personally taste, and a strong commitment to the values of quality and respect for heritage that I imposed on myself from the very rst day.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We have been here 4 times in 2 days, for both gelato and granite. Both are great! This is by far the best gelato shop in town.....very high quality and nice people, patient with translating flavors, and nice shop!
You have to go!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Who would go out early evening on a cold and windy February night looking for ice cream? We would. During warmer seasons there are at least six gelaterias in Alassio that make their own gelato. As with pizza and other Italian specialties, folks have strong opinions on who makes the best. Marchetti is a very serious contender doing many things right: ultra clean premises, all natural ingredients, rotating and interesting flavor combinations. The prices are fair for such a passionate enterprise.

Professional critics, i.e. those published in newspapers and guides give them the thumbs up. It is very good, but there is somewhere else in town we prefer-not open at this time of year. So we are back to refresh our opinions.They remain the same. Very respectable, very enjoyable, but not best in class. True, no artificial coloring, made recently from scratch. But, for me, the flavors just a bit bland. Or maybe it was the winter weather. You decide.

Date of visit: February 2018
Alberto M, Direttore at Gelateria Alberto Marchetti, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you very much for your time and words. We hope you can come back again to visit us :-)

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This happens rarely - but when it does, it never fails to shock and disappoint.

I really hope Alberto Marchetti (if he still exists) reads this, as it was so unnecessary, so mean and has left such a sour taste on this visitor.

Every day for a week I have popped in to this shop. I was served first by a genial young man and then later by a hawk- nosed tall woman, who would fit in perfectly as an administering nurse in "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest". Each day I would order the smallest order of gelato a'limone and always the price I was asked to pay was 2 Euro.

Today, Sunday, I visited in the afternoon for my usual small carton. First I was hit hard in the kidneys by a rapacious shopper (her oversized Fendi bag, actually). Complete insouciance on the woman's part.

Then, when it came to my turn, Nurse Ratchet looked at me (no memory of my ever being there before - fair enough: she must see many customers daily). "Two euros fifty", she insists.

Fifty cents is not a lot of money, comparatively speaking, and anyone still reading this might be wondering what all the fuss is about?

Acquisitiveness, is my answer; the sudden, unprovoked turning off the tap of human kindness, to be replaced by a firm insistence that this was always the price (I might be a dunce of a traveller but about this extra 50c I am sure I haven't lost all my marbles, be assured).

Sad, really. And an ugly memory that I will forever associate with this lovely place.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Harold H

Thank you very much, we will guarantee that the prices will remain always the same for everybody. We are very sorry if for mistake this episode happened to you. We hope to serve you next time if you will come back :-).

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped off here during or walk of the budello in Alassio and the tried the Chinotto granita! Tasted positively amazing! My sons ice cream was also a taste sensation out of the world! A must to visit if you're visiting Alassio

Date of visit: August 2017

Thank you so much and we truly hope you can come back :-)

Reviewed 23 May 2017

When we asked the owner of our hotel what is good around here, he and the rest of the staff mentioned this place enthusiastically and after trying it, I can see why.
At €2.50 for two scoops it is not the cheapest place around but there are plenty of flavours from classics like lemon (nice and zing-y) and chocolate to the more unusual Apricot (made fresh from pureed fruit) and pistacchio (unlike what you get many places this actually tastes of pistacchio) to the special tastes (white chocolate with caramel pieces and salt, anyone?).
I loved it and I am coming back. Next time I shall try Gianduia and Pear.

Date of visit: May 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words. Of course we will wait for you ;-)