“AMAZING VALUE FOR MONEY”

Palumbo Antonello Rosticceria
Ranked #7 of 281 Restaurants in Agrigento
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

In downtown few mts away from Pirandello's Theatre and Town Hall I found this place where you order at the counter, choose your table and the waiter will bring it to you. At 13€, I had Caponata, Fusilli, Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Water. Not to mention, taste was pure heaven !
With an average price between 3.5-4 €, this restaurant is definitely worth the deal. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

If you are traveling at Agrigento, interested for a kind of traditional local food into a complete informal place, this is your occasion. Outside there are some tables where sit to taste the plate ordered inside.
Order what you like to taste, everything is special, also vegetables that here could be a surprise.
My suggestions are to try cavateli, arancine, panino con panelle. Orders also some “contorni”: caponata and melanzane fritte (fried eggplants).

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this as we were exiting the old town. Really a surprise find - not sure why there are so few reviews. Good and affordable local food. Great roasted chicken. Came here for lunch twice.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Best moist chicken ever! good service amazing prices tourist area but low prices. Helpful staff , a good reason to return to Agrigento.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Yes the BEST CHICKEN Ever ! I kid you not. And so Cheap, they're practically giving it away, Just 3.5 Euros for 1/4 Chicken (Leg & Thigh) and probably the Best Roast Potatoes you've ever Eaten as well, "I kid you not." I couldn't believe how absolutely wonderful, the kind of place you're Always Looking For but often don't find, PALUMBO is Awesome. As soon as I walked through the door of this place and saw the Rotisserie Chickens Cooking, I knew I wanted to have some. It's a rosticceria and all the food is layed out before you for you to choose from, there's: Frittata (Italian Omelette), ARANCINI (Sicilian Rice Balls), Fried Eggplant, Eggplant Parmigiano, Pasta, The CHICKEN & Potatoes, and more ... It's a Family run place and has a nice warm friendly atomosphere. You can either Eat In or Take Out as many of the locals do, running in for ARANCINI, Roast Chicken, Eggplant, Frittata and what-not.

I started my meal with Pasta al Forno, Rigatoni Baked with Ragu and Pecorino Cheese (ONLY 3 Euro), and followed the Pasta with the BEST ROAST CHICKEN I've ever had in my life, "It was Amazing" !!! I couldn't believe how wonderful the food was and the price were so low, they were practically giving it away. From going there two times I could see that this Family built their business on having absolutely Delicious Food and super low prices, with food to take-away or eat there in a nice warm ambiance if you like.

When I was leaving the next day to take a 3 hour Bus Ride to Catania, I made sure I came here to get a Couple ARANCINI, Frittata, and Fried Eggplant to eat on the long bus ride. When I got hungry on the bus, I was sure glad I did. Love this place, and wish there were more around like it. My BEST MEAL in SICILY !!! No doubt.