“Very big and yummi portions ”

Trattoria Pizzeria Da Mimmo
Ranked #12 of 281 Restaurants in Agrigento
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Very simple restaurant with amazing cheap food. We got a Rustic x 4 as a starter for the 3 of us and with that we were already quite full. After that we all got a plate of pasta but we couldn't finish it coz it was really big. I definitely recommend this cheap and cheerful place as the food is really good.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the place! We are visiting Sicily and this restaurant is exactly what we were looking for: great atmosphere, very delicious food and generous portions. The first real good place in 10 days! Thanks for the great experience!

1  Thank Dora G
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

It's well off the beaten track but this was the most enjoyable meal of our holiday. The owners were very accommodating, especially of my extremely limited Italian, and they have an English menu. The pizza was excellent, probably the best I have eaten in Italy, and the salads and antipasto were delicious. Shared antipasto for two, two large pizzas to share, two soft drinks, wine and desserts for four was €41! Could not recommend this place more highly.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Finding this place challenged our navigational skills (and google maps) to the max but it was well worth tracking down. It is in a little Sicilian town up in the hills a few knm from Agrigento. We knew we were on to a winner because from 8.30pm onwards local families started to pile in and it was a week day.The food is great, authentic Sicilian with things to please both the adventurous (see later note on tripe) and the more conventional (pizza pasta etc).To say the portions are generous is an understatement but for once quality is not compromised by quantity. I went for the 20 euros all in tasting menu which was amazing-rather like a Sicilian version of Turkish meze. Be warned if you have this NOT to finish the starter plates, if you do this (as I did) you will just not have ebough room for the later dishes. I just had to pass on the meat dishes and go straight to the home made cannoli dessert . The 20 eoros also included drinks so excellent value. It was the cheapest meal we had in Sicily and one of the best. The husband had a pizza which was large and of course home baked. All the plates I saw going by looked plentiful and delicious.
It is near impossible to book unless you speak Italian so we just turned up. I also wished my Italian was up to asking them not to bring me the tripes part of the whole thing, although many others around me were tucking in with gusto I know from bitter experience that I really really don't like it ! There was so much of everything else though that it wasn't an issue.
The waiters were all really cheerful and it's an ideal place for families, I'd say on our night the age range was 6 months to eighty with everything in between.
I hope to return one day.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

incredible.
quantity is unbelievable. and we got lots liquors for free service.
it's not very delicate taste italian, but here, you can enjoy your meal. very nice place.