All reviews great garden pool bar every evening overnight stop coach tour hotel grounds are stayed here for one night pastries breakfast was excellent supermarket
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Recently made a trip to Siclly with a group that made several stops all over the island. We stayed in four hotels during the week. The tour director usually tries to book three or four star hotels. We got the list and I looked each up. This hotel looked really nice, but was disappointing. We did get in late in the evening. i had a room to myself and it was ok, but nothing special. It seemed old. Clean but nothing special. Many of the tour guests wanted to enjoy the spa and were mislead as to what was really available. Breakfast was not very good at all. We were only allowed to sit at two table in the whole big dinning room. The food was slim and mostly packaged, not as fresh as we had seen. When I left I needed to pay for a coke I drank in my room. I didn't have small change and the lady at the desk could not help me because she had no money at all. It caused a big problem as I wasn't going to charge 2 euro and change. When we were loading the bus I looked at the grounds, they are lovely and what I had seen on the website. Seems like that was the best part of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I liked the large clean room (where everything worked) and the reasonable prices for dinner/wine but the dining room (on my stay) looked very much like a wedding reception as all the tables and chairs were covered in white linen (as if they'd not taken them off following a wedding reception?).
The breakfast was also reasonable but the (small) shock was a €6 p/p cover charge applied on check out and despite many questions I never really got to understand whether it was for the restaurant or bar service? Either way round it was not a welcome addition to the bill on exit and put a dampener on an otherwise pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2015

The hotel was an emergency stop in Agrigento. The price was 139€ with breakfast for a " junior suite." That turned out to be little more than a standard best western room in North America -- but not as fresh. The place was filled with Collette bus tour passengers. The restaurant in the basement is a huge over lit stark white banquet room. We had dinner thart night there. The staff were rude and distant. The food was pre cooked banquet slop that some of the bus tour guests gobbled up as if it were real Sicilian food. The breakfast was just as forgettable. The entire place feels like it's being managed by a MBA grad who is trying to squeeze every last penny out of the operation. Customer service and ambiance? Only the sound of the cash register bell as the sheep are being herded in and out.

Stayed: October 2015
3  Thank PalangoMcNamara
Reviewed 20 October 2015

We were at Hotel della Valle with a business group for two days and one night. We were, I assume, in a renovated room as it had a very modern bath and shower. The public areas are large and comfortable so we felt no need to use internet in our room. We had breakfast and lunch in the restaurant and both were of good quality. Desk staff was responsive to the one request I made. We didn't have time to use the pool but it looked very attractive. I am a swimmer and always use my own swim cap so that issue that others had would not be true for me. Having owned a pool I understand that hair in the filter is a sanitary and a functional issue. The entrances on both levels were attractive and convenient for me (I use a mobility scooter). The location so close to the temples is a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room and one with a view if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2015

The della Valle has its location going for it, close to the Valley of the Temples and with parking available nearby, but really this is a bog standard tourist hotel catering for coach parties. There is no sense of individual care here.

I have already mentioned the plastic dinner plates in a review of the dreadful restaurant. Breakfast seems to be beyond them too. Once the coach parties have gone they lose interest, and the 1000 finishing time is interpreted by staff as closer to 0930. Fruit juice in plastic glasses when the hotel can cater for hundreds? Cold coffee and milk and a reluctance to do anything about it? We were keen to check out and get away.

The room itself was comfortable. Wifi was patchy but free. The air-con was not efficient and the corridors noisy with groups arriving and departing. The water for the bath was not hot enough.

The hotel does have a restaurant, but don't eat there (lovely trattoria 5 minutes' walk down the road), a nice pool and lovely gardens. And the temples' car park is less than 5 minutes' drive away.

In summary functional but lacking in charm, style or quality. I would give the hotel a 3 star rating at most, but would recommend that you stay elsewhere if possible

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple