“Really enjoyable experience ”

The White Hart on Godstone Green
Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in Godstone
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner & I ate there last night. I can only praise them. The dishes were well prepared and really tasty, the staff were attentive and friendly. I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank HayleyLB

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An an amazing transformation. Really enjoyed the the food and the staff were lovely. A couple of teething problems but that was the purpose of these preview evenings. I would definitely go again and can’t wait for the warm weather to use the new al fresco eating area. Well done to everyone in the team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I went to White Hart in Godstone on 1st May. This is no longer Beefeater and is a different dinning experience. We found the staff friendly and attentive, the food was full of flavour. The presentation was attractive. It is now more expensive than when it was a Beefeater but you get what you pay for.
The premises has been revamped and is well laid out with more room between the tables. Dont go expecting it to be a Beefeater, but go with an open mind and enjoy the food.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We attended a pre opening taster session. We were not very impressed! My wife is intolerant to gluten, soya and dairy. The staff were not able to print the menu detailing which meals my wife could eat but were did their very best to help her when she was choosing what she could eat. The staff were lovely but were in the main quite inexperienced. There was nothing from the starter menu that my wife could eat but she chose mixed vegetables and these she enjoyed the starter that involved mozzarella and mixed veg was very nice. The steaks were good but the fries were verging on unpleasant - not crisp.

The prices are high - I doubt we will eat here again.

2  Thank Philipofmerstham
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Attended with family on 29/04/2018 and were very much looking forward to eating at The White Hart since it’s re vamp and also hearing the great reviews it was receiving since it opened.

We had a table booked for 14:30, which on arrival we were told our table was not ready and we would have to wait, which was for a further 20 minutes. I was not impressed with this as I have the xoectstion of if you book a table for a certain time, then you will get this table at this said time.

When finally been shown to the table, we were left sitting there for a while gazing at the menus waiting to be served.

When a waitress finally decided to attend our table she was very scruffy and appeared like she did not want to be there.

We order our drinks first that again took a while to come, with a glass of wine for some reason turnin about a considerable amount of time later compared to the rest of the drinks.

My brother order a starter which was the dough balls that when being brought to the table, were cold and tasted like raw dough.

Once the main course came, pretty much all of them were luke warm, if not cold.

As we were eating, my mum who had the roast chicken found a long dark hair in her dinner.

When the waitress came collect our plates, it was raised to her about the temperature of the food and also the hair. At first she appeared to smile as if we were joking before finally releasing that we were not happy with the food we had received.

She then went to get the manager to come over who whispered to us his apologies, which I believed he whispered so that the other customers would not hear what was being said.

A small deduction was taken off the bill to compensate for the hair in the dinner which barely made a difference to the total of the bill.

Overall extremely disappointed with The White Hart and willnot be returning.

4  Thank Rob W