1,942 results
All reviews chester zoo spa treatments cheshire oaks buffet style weekend break couldn't fault gym molly facial
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Stayed at the Mollington Banastre for 5 nights for a work visit. On first glance the hotel seems sweet but outdated. The receptionist was very polite and efficient when I was checking in. I was given room 6 which was straight up the stairs and through a door - the room itself was a good size with a double bed, wardrobe, table and chairs, tv, desk, tea, coffee and biscuits with kettle, bath and shower and towels. The rooms are in need of a rework and modernisation but cannot fault the cleanliness. One tip would be to ask for a room other than 4, 5 or 6 - this is because once you go through the door to get to these rooms, all other guests then have to go through another door which is located outside room 6 to get to their rooms. This means that you hear all other guests (even when they are quiet) as the door will bang and just the general creaking of floorboards or talking. This wasn't a massive problem for me as I was only staying for 5 nights and never sleep that well while away anyway, but if you are a light sleeper then ask for another room away from the passing doors.
The breakfast was absolutely delicious and would strongly recommend including this when booking at this hotel but cannot comment on room service, dinner or the spa as I did not use these facilitates.
The staff were friendly but I would not say overly warm so overall a lovely hotel but needs redecorating,

Room Tip: Do not pick room 4, 5 or 6 as they are right next to a loud door which all other guests have to use to get to their room.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear TheTrendyOrange
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel and Spa and for your comments and feedback today. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel comfortable and suitable for all your needs whilst working away from home. We are in the process of redecorating the hotel and have only a few bedrooms left to complete as part of our phased programme of improvements and I can only apologise if you felt your room to be a little dated and that its location by some passing doors disturbed you. However, I am pleased that this did not detract from your overall enjoyment and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

My partner booked two nights here as a surprise birthday weekend. The hotel itself does look very tired and could do with a re vamp especially the corridor leading to our room which was number 60. The room itself was clean, iron and ironing board provided, tea, coffee, biscuits and water on arrival which was a nice touch.
We had no heating in the room but staff were very helpful providing two heaters which warmed the room sufficiently. The welcome booklet included interesting history about the hotel but there were no times for breakfast or the swimming pool. Reception provided details when asked. The swimming pool requires a deposit of £5 for a padlock to use the lockers. It is a nice pool with a steam room and sauna as well as a jacuzzi.
We had breakfast at the hotel which was very nice a good selection of cold and hot food. All the staff were very nice and helpful throughout our stay.
The hotel is in a good location for Chester city centre, the zoo and Cheshire oaks.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Becs1000

Thank you of choosing to stay with us to celebrate your birthday and it is wonderful to read that you had such an enjoyable weekend at the hotel and visiting the nearby Cheshire Oaks. We are engaged in an active and phased programme of redecoration at the hotel. The main pubic areas were redecorated and re carpeted before Christmas and most of the bedrooms and corridors were also done at that time. I can only apologise if you were located one of the rooms that are pending and I do hope that we can welcome you back once again once this update has been completed.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I stayed with my partner for two nights hotel needs more staff I dined in restaurant food was out of this world I was going to toilet and saw a chef named Pete we had a nice chat and he was chef on duty both nights if I owned a hotel he would defiantly be my number one thanks to everyone service amazing will be back with friends

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lowanie42

Dear lowanie42
Thank you for wonderful rating and review of your stay with us in Chester. I am very pleased to read how happy you were with the hotel and the friendliness and approachability of Mr Gavin and all his team. It was pleasure for us to look after you on this occasion and we hope to see you back again very soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night absolutely lovely hotel was very happy with it definitely go back when I'm in that area again. Dinner and breakfast was great good very nice definitely recommend it everyone was very helpful and welcoming

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sam J
It is always very rewarding for me to read a review such as yours and I am delighted that the Hotel and staff were perfect for you on this occasion. I have asked Mr Gavin to share your comments with all his team and we look forward to looking after you again the next time you are in Chester.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

The price for a night on a weekend is about £20-30 too expensive.
Some rooms have had partial updates, others are extremely tired.
Creaky floorboards and room doors that don't close without loud force.
Walls re-papered but curtains in 80's/90's patterns/colours and very frayed at the edges.
More of a poor relations of Crossroads than impressive hotel near Chester City Centre.
Official photographs give a wrong impression that the hotel is modern and matches the others in the prices range.... alas it does not.
Could be lovely with some investment, which could in turn bring in more custom and allow them to reduce the prices to a more realistic price.
Staff courteous and polite which is a bonus to the hotel.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TB2016Reviewer

Dear TB2016Reviewer
I am sorry to read that the Hotel did not meet with your expectations on this particular occasion and can only apologise for your current perception of the hotel. Our rates are at The Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel are regularly reviewed and we do try to offer good value for money whilst remaining in line wth local competition and demand. The hotel has seen some significant changes over the last few months as the main public areas have been redecorated and re carpeted. We have also repainted mosts of the bedrooms and corridors and the final phase is ongoing.
Given this, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back if you are in the area again to see these changes firsthand.