“Boom! ”

Cow & Pig British Kitchen
Ranked #27 of 165 Restaurants in Orpington
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Description: A family run British restaurant/cocktail bar, using locally sourced produce, serving great steaks, amazing salads and some of the freshest fish, not to mention a Sunday roast that your Nan would be proud of. We can cater for large parties up to 60, from wedding breakfasts , birthday parties & even office parties our friendly staff will help cater for any of your needs
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

A beautiful Sunday roast roast beef was cooked just I like it !!!banging gravy
Washed down with a bottle of Malbec!!!

Cindy S, Management at Cow & Pig British Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thanks for another great review, we’re really happy you like what we’re doing here. We are very proud of our roast: it’s probably the best in Orpington… according to us. The Malbec is one of our favourites and is great with the roast beef. See you again soon, the Cow & Pig Team.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Starters
My missus had mussels which came in a bland butter, tasted ok when she added loads of pepper. They weren't served in the shell, but bits of shell managed to make it into her dish anyway.
I had garlic mushrooms, served with toasted sourdough. The sourdough was black, completely burned and they still felt it was ok to put in front of me.
Mains
My missus had the Sunday roast beef. Complete with string in her meal.
I had the plate of meat, which is supposed to come with steak but came with the same beef that was on my missus' plate. I questioned it and they brought a rare piece of rump to the table and told me that's what they'd used. I'm a 43 year old meat lover and chef - I know the difference between a roasting joint and a rump steak. Lying about it is a complete insult to my intelligence. Unsurprisingly, I had the 12.5% service charge removed from the bill and don't think I'll be going back, which is a shame because it's been nice on other occasions.

Cindy S, Management at Cow & Pig British Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review your meal with us on Sunday, we are of course disappointed with your review and that you felt that you were lied to in some way, especially as you commented that you’ve dined with us before and have had positive experiences.

Having spoken with the team on the day I understand that you did query your Plate of Meat and that our Chef sent out a piece of the Rump Steak which is on our Sunday menu so you would clearly be able to see the difference between your wife’s roasted rump of beef and the steak. I appreciate that you may have some expertise with meat as you state you are a chef but I can assure you there is no reason for us to try to deceive you about this. In terms of your disappointment regarding your starters, as with your comments on your Plate of Meat, if we had been aware of your disappointment on the day we would have tried to resolve this and our chefs would have been more than happy to have a chat to see how the dishes could have been altered to your liking. If you do choose to visit us again and find anything not to you liking, please feel free to raise it with the team.

The Cow & Pig Team

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Have now had a few lovely meals here. It is right in the centre of Orpington and easy to reach on public transport meaning that we can enjoy a decent bottle of wine or two!

Cocktails are gorgeous and the food is excellent. If anything there is too much of it.

Food is British and a welcome change to the multiple Indians, Chinese and Greek restaurants that litter the town.

Service is good in the main though one lady is slightly dismissive and service at the bar (on arrival) was slow on on occasion on a Saturday but I think that the barman may have been new.

Overall a lovely restaurant with a lovely menu and a good choice of drinks.

Thanks for letting us know about your meals with us, it's great to hear you’ve been back a few times and like what we're doing. We're very proud of our food, drink and service so have taken your comments on board on the latter. We look forward to seeing you again soon. The Cow & Pig Team.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with friends,very welcoming restaurant cosy and intimate.
Was very busy but not loud,staff very attentive amazing food and great choice of cocktails.

Cindy S, Management at Cow & Pig British Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to tell us that our food, service and cocktails are amazing: it’s comments like this that make the hard work worthwhile. Hope to see you again soon. The Cow & Pig Team.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

What an amazing night we had at the Cow & Pig. Friendly staff from the moment we walked in. Mouth watering menu to choose from. For starters I went for the ribs and my wife went for the baked mushrooms with creamy Stilton sauce and toast. Truly delicious. For mains we both went for the fillet steak. Now normally the wife has her steaks cooked beyond recognition. So when she asked for a fillet steak I almost cried! But the knowledge the waitress had about the meat persuaded her to change her mind and go for the more medium rare. What can I say the wife is a changed woman. She absolutely loved it. And the meat sauce I had and the peppercorn sauce she had wad the perfect accompaniment to our meal. Can't wait to go back for more.

2  Thank Dan K

Great to hear you enjoyed celebrating your anniversary with us and loved your food. Our staff are always happy to make recommendations on our food and drink and it’s really nice to hear when they make a real difference to our guest’s experience… and our meat supplier and kitchen will be pleased to hear that their fillet was served medium rare instead of well done. Looking forward to seeing you both back soon. The Cow & Pig Team.