1,966 results
All reviewsvalley pool villaapple tvcookiesour honeymoonafternoon teaprivate poolpersonal assistantmonkey foresttikawelcome homered light dinnerpremiere poolday bedubud centremain poolvalley viewlittle touches
Reviewed 17 June 2018

The start of our Bali vacation was at the beautiful Komaneka. Waking up each morning to the panorama of the jungle setting was wonderful. Then it was off to a great breakfast that by the second day knew my daughter wanted plain waffles with crispy bacon. The entire staff was warm & gracious called us by name and knew our room numbers. Very quiet with many places to relax and enjoy the peacefulness. Best of all were the cookies baked on premises and replenished every day. They had shuttle service to town and it was always easy to get a taxi back if you didn't want to wait for their scheduled pick up. The villas are all beautiful and well appointed. Having no knowledge of Bali resorts we are happy our travel agent picked Komaneka as the starting base for our vacation.

Room Tip: We prefer the poll room with the jungle view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank arturoCalifornia
Komaneka-Resorts, Manager at Komaneka at Tanggayuda, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear arturoCalifornia,

Warmest greetings from Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Thank you very much for the excellent review to Komaneka at Tanggayuda, Thank also for the best word about our staff, service and also the panorama surrouding (natural jungle), That was great compliment for our resort

Hope will see you again in the future at Komaneka Family

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

From the moment we arrived everything was fantastic. The hotel grounds are beautiful and very well kept. The rooms are phenomenal and very big. Housekeeping was super nice and very thorough. By the time we knew it they were in and out and left the room looking spotless. Service at the restaurants and spa was top notch. Definitely opt for the spa package at booking. Would come back for sure!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Dimitri P
Komaneka-Resorts, Manager at Komaneka at Tanggayuda, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Dimitri P,

Warmest greetings from Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Thank you for take a time for this wonderful review to our Komaneka at Tanggayuda Family, Your complimentary was fantastic

Look forward to welcoming you back home some day in the future

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

If you're looking for a relaxing escape out of the hustle and bustle of Ubud central, this is it!

We stayed in a villa equipped with an infinity pool, cabana, outdoor (undercover) stone bath tub, rainhead shower, his and hers sinks and luxurious four poster bed all decked out in Balinese style. An extremely comfortable home away from home, the rooms include an Apple TV with plenty of movies to choose from at no extra cost, comfortable pyjamas and a jar of delicious cookies that we polished off in no time.

The staff at Komaneka Tanggayuda are excellent. They address you by name and go the extra mile, which for me meant creating my very own vegan (pure vegetarian) menu to use throughout the stay.

While there are over 30 villas at the property, we rarely bumped into anyone else, thanks to the many spaces available, including two stunning infinity pools and a very cosy heated pool which all look out into a stunning, green jungle.

And when we wanted to go into town, the shuttles (which run on a two hourly schedule) got us there and back free of charge. We can't wait to return!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ChloSpu

Dear ChloSpu,

Warmest greetings from Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Thank you very much for your excellent review to Komaneka at Tanggayuda and very happy to know that you enjoy stay with our family, Thank you also for the best compliment about our staffs

Very look forward to see you again in the future for more explore our family

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I took a vacation to Bali as a solo traveler and stayed in 3 different hotels in 3 different areas. I was made to feel extremely at ease and comfortable at this hotel. All staff members made the effort to learn my name and went above and beyond to help me get to all of destinations through their free shuttle service and assisted with reservations.

I chose a premier pool villa and it was lovely. Although it was very close to the restaurant, it still felt very private and secluded. I also appreciated the mosquito nets around the bed. The televisions were equipped with AppleTV and loaded with movies. The electrical outlets were adaptable (and they supplied adapters) so I could’ve left my converters at home.

I also had a chance to visit the spa for a massage and it was so relaxing I fell asleep!

I would definitely return here and recommend it for any traveler - especially solo ones!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank MB2nd

Dear MB2nd,

Warmest greetings from Komaneka at Tanggayuda

First thank you very much for stay with Komaneka Family, What we always remember was because you have very special name...
Thank thank you for the best review to our family, Very much appreciated

Hope some day in the future that we meet again at Komaneka as a family

Reviewed 3 June 2018

I was just going to write my very positive review of this hotel, but I thought I would instead cover off a few of the points raised by some of the negative reviews that have been left by some other guests...

1) Noisy frogs/roosters - Yes there are some frogs in the area that come out at dusk, but the noise they make is not intrusive and the hotel staff will (if you feel you really need them to) come and remove the frogs. We however did not feel the need to do this, as the lovely sounds of the jungle creatures only added to the ambience of the setting

2) Mosquitos - Now this may shock you, but in locations such as Bali, you do get mosquitos. Surprising I know, but it does happen! The hotel provide organic repellant in the rooms and they fumigate the hotel communal grounds once a week. For the whole 5 nights we stayed I was bitten only once, and that was my fault as I forgot to apply the repellant

3) Location - The hotel is around 15-20 minutes away from the centre of Ubud, but as long as you know this (and checked on a map before you booked) then it really is not an issue. The hotel provides a free shuttle throughout the day to and from Ubud. The positives of the location far outweigh any negatives, as all you have to do is look at the fantastic views and listen out for just how peaceful it really is

4) Pool location - The pools in the private villas are truly excellent, they are large enough that you can lounge around in them and refresh yourself in the nice cool water. In terms of the outlook, they are indeed on a "cliff" of sorts that looks out into the jungle, but if you can't work this out prior to going to the hotel from the pictures then I don't know what to say!

5) Kid Friendly? - It is very clear from the hotels website that this is a location aimed more at couples or solo travellers then for families. Some reviews complain of their children being "board" (*bored...) but if you can't keep your kids entertained yourself then you really should pick a hotel that has provisions to entertain your family. I would say that if you are a family with younger children then it may be better to look at a different location, but for parents with slightly older children who can entertain themselves or for couples this hotel is awesome

If you do stumble across some of the negative review on here remember this, would you book a hotel in a city centre and then complain on TripAdvisor that there were too many cars driving around? Or would you book a hotel in the middle of nowhere with no transport links then complain that you felt isolated?

Take no heed of the negative reviews and definitely book Komaneka at Tanggayuda, it's a beautiful hotel in a stunning location with some of the friendliest staff I have ever met. The food was delicious (mix of Indonesian and western if you fancy a change) and the staff were incredibly attentive & took the time to learn our names and ask how our day had been. Because we booked directly, we also received a complimentary massage for two, which was very professional and extrmeley relaxing.

Overall, I would say that Komaneka at Tanggayuda is a very slick operation (room always turned around whilst we were at breakfast or dinner) and it has some the most beautiful communal areas I’ve ever seen in a hotel. The hotel even surprised us with a cake on arrival and a little gift at the end of our stay to say congratulations for our marriage!

Special shout outs to Anom and Rudi who made our honeymoon very special for us!

Room Tip: Valley pool villas are best!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Luke F
Komaneka-Resorts, Manager at Komaneka at Tanggayuda, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Luke F,

Warmest greetings from Komaneka at Tanggayuda

First, Thank you for spent your lovely honeymoon with Komaneka at Tanggayuda Family, Than thank you for the excellent story about our resort (we call this story compare than a review) but thank you again for the best compliment about our resort including our service, staff, food and etc

Hope every body who stay with us also feel like what you feel that we are totally "in the middle of no where"

Look forward to see you again in the future

Your Komaneka Family