“A beautiful place to relax”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Su S
“A beautiful place to relax”
Reviewed 6 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

We loved our stay at Villa Citronnier.

Magna has always responded quickly and thoroughly to any enquiry, volunteered plenty of information and help, arranging transfers and car hire on our behalf. I am sorry not to have met her as she seems a very warm and friendly person, as were her mother and brother.

The villa is spacious and well fitted out. We cooked several meals and also barbecued on the charcoal Weber. In January, we would have struggled to sleep at night without air conditioning in the bedroom, which was quiet and did not disturb. The large sliding patio windows on two sides of the lounge make it a light, open space and provide a welcome cooling draught. However, we mainly lived outside on the fabulous patio, sitting out well after dark. At breakfast, I would put out my mango stone, to be pecked clean by the red-whiskered bulbul (condé), and the red fody (cardinal) would come for crumbs of bread. In the evening, the geckos gathered to hunt moths attracted by the wall lights, and we were really pleased to see the brightly patterned green gecko amongst them. The garden has many fruit trees and flowering shrubs - a perfect place to relax.

Poudre d'Or itself is a charming village. Although not a beach for swimming, it has a well maintained area by the sea, with shaded seating and good paths. The shops are basic, but it was not a problem to drive into Grand Baie for a greater choice of food. Marlene cooked us a couple of very tasty marlin curries, and we thoroughly recommend the boat trip with Patrick.

We would not hesitate to recommend this villa. Many thanks to Magna and family.

Your age range 50-64
Management Response
20 Feb 2017
Thank you Su and Simon for your lovely review. I will convey the message to our family.
I am happy that you had a very nice stay in our villa, I attach great importance to the well-being of my travelers .

Moi aussi, je suis désolée de ne pas vous avoir vu, je souhaite de tout cœur que ce sera pour la prochaine fois.
Encore merci d’avoir pris le temps de partager votre avis sur TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again in poudre d’or village !

A bientôt

Magna et famille
cheesedea...
vienna
“Best place I booked for a very long time.”
Reviewed 9 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

This is a perfect place in a little village of Mauritius which is located away from the popular places.
The house has a lot of space (three bedrooms, two of them with air condition) and a huge garden. It is surrounded by a huge garden which makes this place very private.

KatrinD27...
“One cannot ask for anything more”
Reviewed 24 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

The spacious house is located in a big and beautiful garden, right next to a river. It is new and very well decorated. Anything you might need is there. Everything has been thought of. Magna and her family are very helpful and nice. We couldn't have asked for anything else. If we come back to Mauritius we will be very happy to stay here again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Fearless6...
“Awesome place wonderful people, what more can you ask for”
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We have been back now a couple of weeks from a fantastic visit and stay at the wonderful villa in Poudre d'or of Magna, Marlene and Patrick. A couple of weeks just to be sure it was all as good as it was
Magna (owner) was brilliant in providing clear concise and accurate advice on the villa in the six months or so leading up to our holiday,arranging our pickup from the airport a traditional Mauritian meal, prepared by her Mum, Marlene, as well as providing some fresh fruit for breakfast and some cold beers in the fridge.
The Villa was awesome, spotlessly clean with lovely personal touches throughout. kitchen was great and I thoroughly enjoyed cooking an evening meal there. Comfy bed and the outdoor area was an absolute pleasure to sit out there morning or afternoon watching the birdlife flitting through the trees and shrubs. There are 4 - 5 little local shops within an easy walk for your daily baguettes(or cold beer) a little café serving great fried noodles / rice / fish. The whole Poudre d'or Villa and village is real deal great people, lovely villa, lovely surrounds, Best of all I / we relaxed and recharged in a great place, Worst my / our lack of French. :)P.S I highly recommend a day out on the water with Patrick le Grand Bleu tour

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the whole expereince, Mauritian village life and a place where I really relaxed
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
1 Oct 2016
Quelle belle surprise ce petit mot de votre part ce matin !

What a nice surprise this little word from you this morning !

Thank you so much for your lovely words, Rick ! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here in our villa at Poudre d’or village, our small fishing village and with my family.
I will give your message to my Mom and Patrick, they will be very happy.

Gail and you are always welcome to come back !
If you do not come back, I hope with all my heart to come in my turn to see you in your country, Australia.

Magna and family

Liked best: the house
Liked least: the mousquitos
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing