We stayed here for 3 weeks in late January to mid February and had a wonderful time, Saint Lucia has to be our favourite Caribbean island, the apartment added to the fond memories
Although quite basic it has a simple and rustic style. If you are looking for luxury this is not the place for you but if your wish list includes local charm, quite and peaceful, lovely views, sunsets and a secure community feel, this is it. This is a residential community so expect your peace to be broken early morning and evening as neighbours go to and from work and children to school however, everyone is helpful and friendly and the noise is no worse than a busy hotel
In our view it’s good value and has everything you need. We really enjoyed breakfast overlooking Rodney Harbour from the terrace and relaxing, sunning, reading either on the sun loungers provided or around the community pool. Clear evenings provided lovely sunsets with a rum or two
If you want more than this you should consider a car. The local Pigeon Beach is a good 15 minutes walk downhill on the way there. It’s a nice, reasonably quite beach but not the best on the island, it’s next to Pigeon Island which is well worth a visit. Anything more than this you really need a car, the local bus does not pass the community frequently and taxi’s work out quite expensive particularly for longer trips or even food shopping. There are no bars or reasonably priced eating out places within easy walking so a taxi or car is also required and to see the ‘real’ Saint Lucia a car is a necessity
Overall we loved it and will be back
1. Great position in a gated quiet park, with lovely view of Rodney bay and boats on water and sunsets with a quiet g&t on the veranda
2. Good pool and very short walk from apartment , only we used in time we were there and was lovely after a hot day exploring
3. Apartment has everything needed .... small but plenty big enough for two people
4. Car hire is an advantage for apartment position to fully explore island and make holidaying a little bit easier re supermarkets and lovely evening swims in the Caribbean Sea
5. Gwynn is really helpful and Cheli the housekeeper always accessible
6. Check out the fish market in Gros Islet .... follow signs for 'community market' and go right to end of the road and turn right ( beats chicken) and the local bakery on the left as go to apartment has lovely batons and croissants( make sure you get there early like all bakeries runs out )
Thanks Gwynn it was a lovely break and we know where to go to find things ....we will definitely do a return visit ... please thank Robert for his help Annie
Great apartment with fantastic mountain and sea views nestled in a beautiful and well maintained tropical landscaped garden. This well equipped apartment has all the comforts of home with the added bonus of super Wifi.. We were able to fully relax in the knowledge that any problem we might have had was only a telephone call away from being sorted by the local house keeper. As a gated community we felt 100% safe and secure. Within walking distance of beach we could use the community swimming pool if feeling lazy.
Brilliant location with spectacular views. Home away from home with everything you need for a fantastic vacation in beautiful St. Lucia.
Short drive to all the major attractions in the north of the island and within easy access of several beaches.
The house was clean and well maintained and the housekeeper Cheli was extremely helpful. Gwynn the owner, responded quickly to any questions and provided a lot of useful advice for her guests.
The home is in a gated community which has it's own pool - which we used a lot.
We thoroughly enjoyed the home and local area, especially Rodney Bay, Pigeon Island, and Plantation Beach.
We highly recommend this lovely, cosy getaway for 2 in paradise!
We hope to visit again. Thanks Gwynn for all your help and lending us your sweet villa for our vacation.
Beautiful location perfect for .2 quiet discrete position Equipped with everything you could want Service is impeccable I can't recommend this too highly Its Heaven
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|