2,557 results
All reviews club room attenborough nature reserve leisure facilities retail park the pub sky tv coffee machine swimming pool great facilities steam room lovely hotel changing rooms comfy bed good nights sleep the verve gym nottingham
Reviewed 10 November 2018

Wife & I stayed here on a Tuesday night and I have to say what a marvellous place to stay! The bed was super comfortable & large (could have done with a couple more pilliows but never thought to ask!). The room was large and very clean with tea/coffee facilities as standard. The breakfast was literally a 'help yourself job' but plentiful and very, very nice indeed!
Our meal on the Tuesday night (fillet steak strogonoff) was absolutely superb, it really was and the only downside to the stay was the horrendous IPA beer, grandly named Goose Island when in actual fact it was more like Goose Pee! Overall ? fantastic and well worth the money.

Room tip: It seems that all rooms are superbly set out!
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew R, General Manager at Village Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear handymanphil

We are delighted to to see you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. As you have noted, more pillows are readily available should our guests require them, just give one of our team a shout and they will be happy to assist! I hope that on your next visit, you have the opportunity to use our fantastic Leisure club and Spa!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2018

47 of us stayed for 1 night . We booked a party night and overnight stay with breakfast. Party room dressed brilliantly for Halloween ..... All the staff we met were absolutely brilliant .... Colin the DJ and bar staff gave us a fantastic night of dancing. The evening meal was good ... Vegetarian meal not the best .... apparently ... My Turkey dinner was very good. ... breakfast was great although very busy at certain times. Seemed a bit short staffed but what staff there were were non stop. Rooms very clean. If you are booking a room for three or more the trundle bed is very low on the floor .. Great for families but not for adults who are not as agile. Our only negative was the layout of the hotel which caused much frivolity and conversation ..... Some of the rooms seem ‘miles’ from reception. Up and down stairs and lifts. If mobility is a problem it’s best to mention when booking. Being so far away from the main area did provide a quiet place to sleep.

Room tip: If you have mobility problems mention at booking ....
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Ann H

Thanks for the review, and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your party with us - I know our team had a great time hosting you all! Should you require a room in closer proximity of our main lobby or with any accessible amenities, just let one of our team know and they will endeavor to accommodate.
I hope you see you again next year, if not sooner?

Reviewed 9 November 2018

A nice, large Hotel, outside of Nottingham city centre.

As with my previous visits to Village Hotels within the portfolio, the exterior of the Nottingham Hotel looks exactly the same as the other Hotels we have visited (Coventry & Hull). It's large and clean, with an inviting appearance.

The lobby is the same as expected - a desk with iPad devices to check in, plus a member of staff if you require them. The staff member was polite and attentive, and advised us that our room was a LONG way from the entrance, down long corridors (and up and down stairs). Not so much of a problem, but it was quite a walk.

The room was MASSIVE, by which I mean, it was probably twice the size I was expecting. With plenty of room, and a huge bed, and an oversized TV, we were happy enough. The only downside was that there were minimal plug sockets within the room, something I frequently battle when in Hotels.

The bathroom was spacious, with a bath, but only had one set of towels. We rang reception, no answer. Housekeeping, no answer. We tried multiple times to no avail, and as the walk to reception was about 5 minutes, we gave up. Not ideal.

The pool facilities were closed during our visit, something that wasn't advertised initially when we made the booking. It's being refitted and refurbished and will open again next year.

All in all, a nice enough Hotel, next to a small retail park, and not far from the city centre. Would come again once the facilities have reopened.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear LetsExploreMe

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with trip advisor following your recent stay, we are delighted that you had a great time and enjoyed everything that the hotel has to offer. Please accept my apologies that you were unable to contact the team for extra towels - we have recently experienced a couple of issues with our internal phones but I am pleased to report they are now back to normal.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, helpful staff and a good hearty breakfast.

-ve points: no details about the pool refurbishment until we arrived and as a couple we had planned some no children chill time, sadly we had to go elsewhere to do this.

Also placed in a section where children and families were located, so we got woken up at stupid o’clock by a child running up the corridor.

All that said, the manager has responded positively to my direct feedback and I would stay again but only after the pool has reopened.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew R, General Manager at Village Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Specky45

Thank you for your review and your feedback which we review on a daily basis in order to better both our service and standard.
Once again allow me to apologise for the inconvenience of our pool redevelopment, but I am very pleased to see that our communication has gone some way to restore your faith.
I look forward to welcoming you back to experience our impressive new pool area when it opens in December!

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Stayed over the weekend for a second time. Told my husband what a great hotel it is ..... was! We paid the upgrade to use the leisure facilities.... being refurbished till 10 December..... but be warned .., no one will tell you and nothing on their website to this effect! Our room had dodgy Tv/remote, floor light that didn't work, both rectified an hour before check out. Was looking forward to the break as in July the staff couldn't do enough .... not so this time

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew R, General Manager at Village Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear tykes2016

Thanks for your review, although it is disappointing to find that you felt it was not to our usual standard which has clearly impressed in the past.
We are currently undertaking a significant redevelopment of our pool and wet areas in an effort to improve and update our facility for all guests of the hotel. We are committed to providing the best possible experience and I am afraid our previous pool no longer met with this expectation. As a 365 day operation, I am sure you will appreciate that there is never a good time to perform this work but please be assured that the team at the hotel have made every effort to minimise the disruption felt by our guests.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Nottingham in the near future.