“Wonderful”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of N. 1 Fairway Villa

Child bed
Twin Bedroom
Second Bedroom
Second Bedroom
The lounge and patio doors to garden
Garden
House and pool
Hallway and stairs to upper floor
The beaches at Paynes Bay
View from the front
Sunset at Paynes Bay
Bottom Bay Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Piacenza, Italy
Reviewed 12 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Oliver W
Yonkers
“Ideal location for a most pleasant and relaxing holiday.”
Reviewed 28 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

This was our second stay at No 1 Fairways, the first being in Nov 2015, and again we found the Villa ideal as a quiet, restful and safe retreat. It is also well located close by the beautiful West Coast beaches, Bridgetown, Holetown and many good shopping areas and restaurants. The booking procedure was most efficient and Kim, who passed on her invaluable knowledge of local amenities, was most helpful in every respect. The house-manager, Maureen, was most attentive and resolved one or two minor problems in a very efficient manner, and Pamela, the house-keeper, was most obliging and kept the premises spotless for us. It was altogether another very pleasant experience and to be highly recommended.

9 Jan 2018
Dear Oliver, it was a pleasure to have you and the family stay again. All the team enjoyed having you at Fairway Villa. Thank you for this superb review. I hope you return again in a not too distant future.
Simon H
Sale, United Kingdom
“Good location, perfect for families”
Reviewed 13 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

The location is great - everything on your doorstep but with the option to stay in your own private space in the peace and quiet of Holders Hill. The villa has beautiful gardens (with occasional visits from green monkeys) and a partial sea view, very picturesque and in a quiet location. We had a hire car so never had to walk down or up the steep hill to get to the beaches, restaurants, shops, or bus routes, and although we did see plenty of people on foot I would recommend a vehicle if you have small children (like us) or don't fancy a hot sweaty trek uphill. The owner and property managers were all very helpful, friendly and responsive as were the other staff (gardener, cleaner, pool attendants...). Based on the west coast you are spoilt for amenities and we rarely strayed from the local beaches between Fitts Beach and Folkestone Marine Reserve with fine sandy beaches and clear warm waters plus you have an array of great places to dine at from the reasonably priced up to fine dining. The only point for improvement would be that we had arrived late with no basic provisions in the villa and the shops closed. It wasn't clear whether a welcome pack could be requested but it would have been a useful recommendation upon confirmation of our arrival time. Otherwise it was perfect!

26 Apr 2017
Hello Simon,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to review Fairway Villa. It has been a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests. We hope that you might return to visit Barbados in the very near future and we would love to have you stay at our villa again.
David R
“Good villa but check some things first”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

All in all good value for money and a responsive landlord and caretaker. The villa was both clean, tidy and exactly as seen in the pictures. We would stay again - although it is too far/ steep to walk to the beach easily so you will want a vehicle.

The only four things that were very frustrating and avoidable were:
1. The wifi didn't work for more than half the time. After days of trying to get hold of the internet provider we finally got through and found out the information provided by the owner was not correct. We have updated this in the folder for the house so may not be an issue again. But worth checking that it works before arriving or you will be without internet. Similarly, we couldn't get the TV to work other than one channel so get better instructions than those in the folder before landing.

2. We stayed 8 days but didn't receive any cleaner as advertised throughout our stay. I think if we had chased it more we could have made it happen but not something you want to spend your time doing on holiday - particularly given the time we spent getting internet to work.

3. The owner tried to request money off the deposit due to "energy use above typical usage". We hadn't seen this clause anywhere and had no way of verifying it. However, after putting the case to the owner they did drop the charge and were reasonable about it. However, may worth checking before booking so you are not stung after the fact.

4. The pool was not the cleanest and had a film of algae on it. The caretaker said he would get a cleaner in and I think one may have come but we didn't see a difference in the pool. However, still swimmable in but don't suggest opening your mouth under water.

23 Jan 2017
Dear David,
Thank you for your informative review and good feedback. As an property owner not living in Barbados I have to rely on the efficiency of my House Manager who is paid not to just look after the Villa but also to be on hand whenever my guests need assistance and I encourage them to call the Manager as soon as possible if they have any issues.
I know that the cleaner was due a visit on the 2nd of January. The explanation I git was that she got mixed up with the schedule and I'm sorry that you went without cleaning for the whole eight days, I'm sure a quick call to the housekeeper would have resolved that.
There have been problems with Wifi in Barbados due to the weather. Days before your arrival the provider's technician reported water on the cables due to the heavy rains in November/December. There was in fact a flood inside the house in early December. Although the problem with the Wifi was fixed I was not told that the Network name or Password had been changed.
Again the algae in the pool was quite unusual and caused by weather conditions. The pool is cleaned regularly twice a week.
The allowance for electricity is quite generous at BD 140 which is 70 USD per week. I have made sure, after your feedback, that this information is more transparent by inserting it under House Rules on the wesbsite as well as on my own Rental Contract.
I hope the information is now clearer for my future guests.
I trust you still managed to have a nice holiday at Fairway Villa and the problem you encountered didn't inconvenience you too much.
I also hope you might want to stay at the villa again on your next visit to the island,
Best
Sightseer...
“Barbados Bliss”
Reviewed 2 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The house is in a great location, wonderfully equipped and well managed. It was nice to have the basic necessities there when we arrived and it was every bit as beautiful as pictured. It was plenty of room for our group of four adults and three kids. There were lots of amenities close by and the small little touches like christmas lights that really made our trip special. Thanks Kim!

Your age range 35-49
26 Apr 2017
Thank you for your nice review that I've only just now seen. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the little touches during your December stay. I hope you will contact us again should you decide to visit the island in the near future.
Kim
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing