“Thursday eve meal ”

The Waterfront Inn Bar & Restaurant
Description: The Waterfront Inn, Westward Ho!'s premier family inn, with a fantastic coastal location, beside 2 miles of award winning blue flag beach and just minutes away from the Royal North Devon Golf Course. Our open plan bar serves a selection of mouth watering meals to satisfy the most ravenous of appetites. A wide selection of beer, wine and spirits to enjoy and take in the atmosphere. Watch one of the famous sunsets over Lundy Island or simply enjoy the weekend evening entertainment. With a strong emphasis on families, your children will be entertained for hours with our outdoor childrens play area the 'Beeracuda'. Open Sunday-Thursday 11am -11pm Friday & Saturday11am -12am Carvery 12 noon-2:30pm & 5:30pm -8:00pm Thursday, Friday & Saturday Sunday Carvery 12 noon - 7:30pm
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

On a long wknd break to Devon we met friends here who have moved to the area.
We didn’t book but wasn’t a problem. Found a space and sat. Wasn’t sure at first whether you wait to be seated but was ok to just walk in and take a place.
4 adults and 5 children.
3 children had pizza and loved.
1 child had cheeseburger and really enjoyed.
1 had pizza off main menu and ate all but two slices. He is fussy but said very nice indeed.
4 adults had the carvery.
Beef wasn’t the best in all honesty but then again I’m not a fan of pinkish and chewy.
Carvery was ok and for the price can’t moan.
Drinks all good and overall fine and reasonable.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

We stayed for three nights in the B&B, we had at least one drink each evening in the Inn.

Staff friendly and service good.

Second night they ran out of red wine, third night out of Sauvignon blanc. Needs to get their ordering right, as the wine is extensively advertised.

Great out doors area.

Date of visit: October 2018
Braddicks, Guest Relations Manager at The Waterfront Inn Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback and for bringing the issue raised within your review to our attention. We do hope that apart from the wine issue that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Nice clean place to sit outside in the sunshine where the decking was freshly cleaned. The dog was welcome inside where we enjoyed a nice meal

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Myself, Wife, Daughter thought we would give waterfront ago & sadly regretted it. It was dirty & disorganised. The food wasn’t much better, I ordered two burgers & chips & my wife had fish cakes. The fish cakes were cooked to the point of resembling a hockey puck & probably harder. The burgers were disgusting cheap, greasy, grisly, and the worst burgers I’ve ever had. The icing on the cake was the nuclear looking coleslaw with the reheated chips which were dry & also disgusting! We ordered two alcoholic drinks with a water. All this for a incredible price of £38. I wouldn’t have minded the price if the food was edible. I will never step foot in there again. If you like paying for overpriced inedible food then this is the place to go!

Reviewed 20 October 2018

I stayed one Saturday night in the Cormorant room at the Waterfront Inn on Golf Links road close to the harbor. As a solo traveler I was charged a single supplement fee. My room was large, attractive, clean, and had a comfy queen-sized bed. The in-room tea and coffee-making amenities were satisfactory.The bathroom was good-sized and had both a tub and a shower with good water pressure. There was free WiFi. The breakfast bar was very good and included fresh fruit, yogurt, and a choice of cereals. The hot breakfast comprised 3 options: Full English, Vegetarian, or porridge. Unfortunately I stayed on a Saturday night and directly across the street opposite my room was a pool hall and game room with loud music from a series of live bands that played until close to midnight. There was also quite a lot of noise from people in the street below. If you need a good night's sleep and will be getting up early to begin a long-distance hike on the Southwest Coast Path as I was, I do not recommend staying in the Cormorant room on a Saturday night. With this one negative point, I would not hesitate to book into this hotel again.