“Great view from top”

Ellis Brook Valley Reserve
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Quite a surprising place. Went there just to explore the place. Thrilled with the walk way to the top of the hill. View from the hill is fantastic with nice water falls. Lot of people are doing hiking with their dogs and kids. Near the car park there are picnic tables and and big hut with benches and info about valley, which is very informative. I do the recommend this place for elderly people as the walk way is not that easy.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"perth"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I go here all the time with my dog. Its a challenge but not too hard. Great for a sunny day with the water fall blazing down and puddles for my dog to drink from on the way. At the bottom of the hill there is a nice little picnic/BBQ area also great for dogs and families.
Longdrop near by too.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Mr K and I took a hike from the reserve up to this gorgeous natural landscape. SO lovely, I’d do it again in the summertime, for sure. One of the most stunning hikes I’ve ever done, comparable to The Grand Canyon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

First day of sun in awhile and everyone seemed to be heading here. Suggest you arrive early as parking is limited. There is a toilet at the picnic spot. We did the loop which after some rain meant that there was a waterfall.
Good signage at base but no real sign once on the path as to where you are going or what trail you are on. Are allows dogs on leads

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Having lived 6.5 kilometers away (As the crow flies) from this little hidden gem for the last 11 years, I am embarrassed to say, this was my first time there.

There were two parts that we looked at. The 60 Foot Falls and the old quarry.

We haven't had rain for a while so the falls were just rocks, but the climb up and the view was certainly worth it. I say climb, but it had timber faced steps for the majority of the track up to the lookout. It is a bit of a trek, but take it slow and steady and marvel in the view of Perth as you look down the valley.

The Quarry really wasn't signposted well and we followed our nose and walked up the may tracks to get to it. There were people in the base of the quarry, but we had managed to find our way up to the top and looked down over the whole area.
My neighbor tells me that Rockies has been a swimming hole on a hot day for years and years, with those brave of heart jumping from the top into the water below (Not recommended by me)
There were a couple of viewing platforms on the way up to the waterfall for those who wanted to stop and prop.
All in all, I would say it is a great little spot that is an awesome way to get the kids out of the house and moving for free. Lots of Families and lots of international tourists. Well done City Of Gosnells.

1  Thank BigColAhearn