“Just as good as The Grand Canyon. A jaw-dropping landscape”

Ellis Brook Valley Reserve
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Mr K and I took a hike from the reserve up to this gorgeous natural landscape. SO lovely, I’d do it again in the summertime, for sure. One of the most stunning hikes I’ve ever done, comparable to The Grand Canyon.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"perth"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 30 July 2017

First day of sun in awhile and everyone seemed to be heading here. Suggest you arrive early as parking is limited. There is a toilet at the picnic spot. We did the loop which after some rain meant that there was a waterfall.
Good signage at base but no real sign once on the path as to where you are going or what trail you are on. Are allows dogs on leads

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Having lived 6.5 kilometers away (As the crow flies) from this little hidden gem for the last 11 years, I am embarrassed to say, this was my first time there.

There were two parts that we looked at. The 60 Foot Falls and the old quarry.

We haven't had rain for a while so the falls were just rocks, but the climb up and the view was certainly worth it. I say climb, but it had timber faced steps for the majority of the track up to the lookout. It is a bit of a trek, but take it slow and steady and marvel in the view of Perth as you look down the valley.

The Quarry really wasn't signposted well and we followed our nose and walked up the may tracks to get to it. There were people in the base of the quarry, but we had managed to find our way up to the top and looked down over the whole area.
My neighbor tells me that Rockies has been a swimming hole on a hot day for years and years, with those brave of heart jumping from the top into the water below (Not recommended by me)
There were a couple of viewing platforms on the way up to the waterfall for those who wanted to stop and prop.
All in all, I would say it is a great little spot that is an awesome way to get the kids out of the house and moving for free. Lots of Families and lots of international tourists. Well done City Of Gosnells.

1  Thank BigColAhearn
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Best with hiking shoes (not Thongs / Sandals) :D

There are two parkings, for Sixty Foot Falls trail, please find 'Valley Head car park' on google map. You are welcome to bring dogs for this trail.

Without know much about the trail, I was surprised that the Sixty Foot Falls trail is not a boring trail at all. All kinds of path / terrain to experience (not flat trail). For bird lovers, please bring along your DSLR or binocular. For bugs lover, bring your macro lens!

Sadly to see many graffiti at Old Barrington Quarry.

About the Eagle View trail, it is a short trail but excellent view. Along the trail, heaps of native flower. There are benches for stop and chill. I recon visit during the wild flower season - July to Sept.

Enjoy!!

3  Thank Milody
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

This park is quite small and has a couple of nice walks. If you drive in there is a parking area on your left with toilets and picnic areas. It is also the starting point of some walks like the Eagle walk. We drove to the end of the road, about 300 mtrs where there is another parking area with picnic tables. Here begins the '60 Foot Falls Trail' a circuit track where you will pass an old quarry and a lake and a waterfall. The falls didn't have any water in it when we were there but the hike around it was still worth it. The trail itself is not very difficult. Although not very well signposted the path is easy to follow and there is some climbing involved. I think you need to have an average fitness. The whole round will probably takes you about 1,5 hour. When we were there we saw lots of visitors with dogs, so I assume that dogs are allowed in this reserve. Coffee and snacks can be bought from the food vendor. We will definitely return to this park but probably during the week when it is not so busy.

2  Thank Martybossy