Albergo Ristorante Giardini snc(San Marcello Pistoiese)
TripAdvisor
L'Ivogne B&B(San Marcello Pistoiese)
  • Pool
Il Gufo Farmhouse(San Marcello Pistoiese)
  • Pool
Albergo Ristorante il Poggiolo(San Marcello Pistoiese)
TripAdvisor
B&B il Poster(San Marcello Pistoiese)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
B&B Villa Porta(Limestre)
Priceline
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsthe ownerriccardosimplewinestaste
Reviewed 15 May 2015

The place is really nice and in the middle of a green hill surrounding Pistoia on the Appenini.
The hotel is from the late 60s and it demonstrate its age. Also the owner is quite old but still work with her son to keep this place alive. Restaurant and service are really good and food is not missing at your table. Value for its price

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2014

stopped here without a reservation and ended up spending three nights here. Large room with excellent view. The restaurant serves the best food. Breakfast was excellent . Ricardo and his mother take excellent care of their their customers. This is a great hotel to stay while doing day trips

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2014 via mobile

Riccardo and his mother make you feel welcome and happy straight from the moment you enter their place.

First the hotel; rooms are large; good size bathroom, decoration a bit date. As my wife noticed (and she is an expert) with the whitest and most perfectly starched bed linnen she ever saw in a hotel, I must admit that I missed that initially due to the stunning view on the mountains from our, good size, balcony.

Next the restaurant; the breakfast was good but unsurprising. Dinner made us realize that this is what Il Cacciatore is all about. We had the "gastronomic dinner", one surprise after the other. Absolutely no point trying to describe the many dishes, even if I would manage to rekember everything which I don't. My advice is; just go and indulge yourself. Let Riccardo propose a wine and you will not be disappointed.
We had a regular a la carte dinner afterwards too; great as well. Riccardo threw in cantuccini and brindini with vin santo on the house.
These people radiate hospitality; on departure they offered us a coffee for the road.

We will be back.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This review only deals with the restaurant as I live locally so I not not camp out in the hotel. Riccardo [speak some Dutch and some English] and his mother make everyone welcome here. Food is very good, never had a single thing to complain [and I come here frequently] about. Try the onion soup, if on the menu, the best! Good wines, from cheap to expensive. Nice view into the mountains. Good pastas and large meat menu. I will be back soon here!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cesare G
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I wanted a last minute vacation to ski slopes in Abetone, but due to high season we had to settle for hotel 20k away or spend a small fortune. I'm glad we found this hotel. It is extremly economical, clean, has easy parking, friendly staff, good water pressure and extra pillows for all beds. The restraurant opens in typical late tuscan fashion- 8pm. The meals were good, especially the wild boar and fresh pasta. Overall, i am happy with this fond. It may be rustic, but the price and decent food and free wifi make it a viable option for another getaway to the mountains in the summer.

• Stayed: February 2013