All reviews loch leven lovely hotel cosy bar the sticky toffee pudding glen coe fish and chips both nights open fire lick of paint beautiful location booked this hotel small hotel dining room full scottish breakfast superior room stayed here for one night bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Popped into the bar for food and drink after a wet drive to Oban and back, feeling in need of good food and cosy place to rest, and found it!
Ordered a gin and tonic and the bar made a suggestion about a gin to try, which was incredible, now have a new favourite gin!! Brockmans! Ordered food, salmon and soup as started, a burger for me as a main, and sticky toffee pudding for my husband for dessert. Really good quality food. The bar is quiet and cosy.
Best thing about this place was the staff, the great bar manager, really friendly and helpful, chatted a little but also left us to have our own time as well.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2018

My wife, daughter (1) and I stayed in a room (nice loch view) above the pub (allowing us to have dinner with the baby monitor on). The surroundings are wonderful and the hotel itself is pleasant, with comfortable rooms and great, very helpful staff. We liked the cosy bar (offering many drinking options, excelling in gin, which they also distill themselves), which sits amidst of more modern areas (a contrast that we found to be a bit remarkable but did not truly bother us). Vegetarian options are proper but could be improved compared to other places in Scotland we have been.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2018

This week I had an adventure to the Highlands of Scotland, it’s a very long way from Lancashire but I slept most of the way and woke up to views of mountains and lochs. A loch seems to be the Scottish word for a lake.

We stayed in the very dog-friendly Loch Leven Hotel I was made to feel very welcome. I could dine with my pawrents for breakfast and evening meals and it was a great place for morning walks with dad. I even got a welcoming present of Bob & Lush dog biscuits. Although I don’t think really I had to wear this funny hat before I could open them.

Dad said If I wanted to mingle in with the local pups, would have to learn a few Scottish sayings like "Och aye the noo” which is a real mouthful when you have a mouthful of biscuits and “ See You, Jimmy “.

Mum tried to explain the Scottish Clan history which sounded a bit like Game of Thrones but without the dragons. They do have something called the Loch Ness monster which dad said might get me if I jumped in any of the lochs.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We had a most enjoyable few days at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our meals at the hotel were amazing. They have a lovely wee bar with a log fire. Just what you need on winters night.They also have Gin Distillery adjacent to the main building. Unfortunately, it was not open when we were there. I think the hotel is about equidistant from Fort William and the Glencoe chair lift. So it is ideally situated for walkers, plus, it is a dog friendly. All in all, it is a lovely hotel and we would most definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank A1950
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

This is one of the most welcoming and homely hotels I have ever stayed at. It has a delightful and super cosy little bar and an unusually wide range of in house provisions for things to do in the evenings including chess and other classic games, pool and a retro games station for the kids (or grown up kids). There are also very well stocked book shelves. The food is delicious and the views from the dining area and Loch facing rooms are really incredible. They also accept dogs both in the rooms and in the bar and restaurant. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple