All reviews new zealand family room short drive king bed hotel room lake views stopover sink toaster lodge units
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night in December 2020 with one large bed downstairs and a large and small bed in the mezzanine floor.

The hotel is easy to find - you see it as soon as you enter Lake Hawea. There is plenty of parking and we were able to park outside the door of our unit. We had a wonderful view of the lake and could walk there in about 1 minute.

The unit itself was of a good size and clean. There was one mirror in the bathroom - it would be useful if there were other mirrors. The wifi was atrocious. It worked on and off, but about 90% of the time it was near impossible. The wifi was good at about 6am. The TV also did not work. All we wanted to do was to catch up briefly on the news but we could get no signal. There were two remote controls but we could find no instructions about how to use them. Is the TV problem related to the bad wifi?

We had dinner in the restaurant and we were not impressed. Portion size was small relative to the high cost.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

Came here for lunch, if i could give this a 3.5 star i would. The food was good not amazing lunch selection wasn't great for me but might be more to other people's taste. I got a side of vegetables which were actually my highlight. Service was slow and they weren't overly busy but was friendly. I had a glass of coke - which tasted old. But points for the location the whole hotel the bar and restaurant are superb facilities and an awesome view of the lake from the restaurant. I'll be back but possibly not for a lunch.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

We stayed in a family room which had a bedroom upstairs and the king bed in the lounge. The views were so amazing. It was warm. I didn’t realise when I booked the room it doesn’t have a kitchenette so no toaster, microwave or sink. There is a fridge and you can use the small sink in the bathroom. There is a jug and hot drink making facilities. There is a restaurant on site which was great. The views out of the windows make this such a great place to stay, much nicer than Wanaka and only a short drive away. I’d stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2020

Awesome place for dinner, I had the ribs which were the best I have had in years, would definitely recommend them, hubby had the muchroom risotto which he loved, wonderful place, a must stop on your travels, service was great

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 3 August 2020 via mobile

We arrived around dusk (5ish). The view was stunning. The Hotel is in a great location overlooking Lake Hawea. The room (#10) was pretty basic but was warm and had a lovely view. The food was awesome and the staff were great - very friendly.

Only concern was that it was a bit noisy at night. We were not sure what was going on but a child, or children were running around the next door unit and it made a racket on the floorboards. That’s not the hotel’s fault though.

Date of stay: August 2020