“Delicious Healthy Gluten Free Lunch in Fresh bright surroundings”

The Retreat Kitchen
Ranked #28 of 322 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Description: Vibrant plant-based, vegan eating that's good for the soul in the heart of Richmond. The Retreat Kitchen is owned by Maggie Nuttall and Claire Langdon from the BBC's The Retreat programme featuring Nick Knowles. Serving organic, vegan breakfast and lunch during the week and brunch and afternoon tea at the weekends.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

My husband and I searched around Richmond in search of a healthy gluten free vegetarian lunch and were delighted to stumble on The Retreat Kitchen. The service was friendly and helpful. There was a wide choice of delicious gluten free options and a really tasty gluten free bread.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I'm a relatively new vegan and visited here with my partner (non-vegan), my vegan brother-in-law and my three year old for lunch. The food is absolutely delicious and will appeal to all, there's a great variety and they catered for my child brilliantly with a great vegan sausage sandwich. Lovely service too and I've already recommended to a number of people. Have already been back and will continue to do so.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Phenomenal food. Their salads are amazing. Lovingly made with a great combination of ingredients and very filling. Every time I go in I think I’ll have something else but as soon as I see those beautiful salads I have to have them! The cakes and turmeric lattes are fab too. The staff are always happy and welcoming. Thankfully I’ve moved to the area so can call The Retreat Kitchen my ‘local’! I even held a private dinner here for my birthday. Everything about the night was fabulous, the food, the wine, the cake and the elegant table settings.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This little restaurant is my favourite place for lunch. There is always a friendly welcome from helpful and charming staff. The food is delicious and there is something for all tastes, whether you are vegan or not. I have been each time with non-vegan friends and they all say they would like to return. You can get a glass of wine if you like and they serve breakfast/brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. As well as the set menus they have two or three specials every day, so always plenty of choice. I totally recommend it.

1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Called in for brunch on the way to watch the rugby at Twickenham. We were welcomed in to the warm cosy cafe on an extremely cold day. The brunch was perfectly cooked and delicious. There is lots of choice and if we lived in the area we would definitely be regular visitors.