“Lovely food and dog-friendly”
Review of Gastown Cafe Bar

Gastown Cafe Bar
Ranked #60 of 178 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Reviewed 11 June 2021

My husband and I have been visiting Gastown ever since we found out it was dog-friendly. The waiting staff are always helpful and polite and the food is always tasty. The atmosphere is lovely too. I love that our little dog can come in with us, as a suggestion I’d love to see a dog menu with puppacinos and small doggy meals!

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (116)

Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

I ordered the poached egg on toast with the extra of avocado. Bit underwhelming: I have had this in the past and swear it was two pieces with lots of avocado... not today
One slice of bread with burnt patch
Avocado costs £2.50 and there was probably half a medium avocado on there so not enough for the bread.

Despite this, eggs perfect as always and still delicious, waitresses where really friendly and welcoming as always
Friends’ veggie meal was delicious- I ate some of his avocado and vegan black pudding (would love to know the recipe for that! But thought it was vegan haggis based on the texture)
Everyone satisfied with their meal.

Date of visit: May 2021
gastowncafebar, Owner at Gastown Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2021

Hi milly our small independent doesn’t have buying power and due to COVID prices have increased £6.50 for freshly baked don millers bread, 2 large free range eggs from smith dairies and half an avo is a fair price. Prices have increased from our local suppliers so we have had to amend our prices/portions. Thanks for your feedback we are really glad you and your friends had a nice time at Gastown x

Reviewed 17 December 2020

I come in here a lot and love everything about it. The interior is colourful and quirky, the girls are so lovely and helpful, the food is lush with tasty Vegan options. Nowhere else comes close. The Vegan breakfast is amazing! Just make sure you don't eat anything the day before as the portions are massive! Gastown has a lovely chilled vibe and whiling away an hour or two here is so easy to do. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Tara C
Reviewed 10 December 2020

I've only ever tried their vegetarian breakfast which is so tasty and great value! Staff are really friendly too.

Reviewed 5 December 2020

We come to this cafe every time we visit Macclesfield and have yet to be disappointed with the food. It was made extra special today as the cafe was decked out in lovely Christmas decorations. It was busy when we arrived at 12.30 and we were seated upstairs. The staff were, as usual, very attentive. I had the chicken ,mozzerella and pesto ciabatta which was a very generous size and tasty. My other half has the Gastown Benedict, a twist on the usual eggs benedict. The steak and eggs were cooked to perfection. In has words "One of the best meals I've had all year". He'll be cooking his own dinner from now on!!!!! See you next time.

2  Thank kareneway