1,187 results
All reviews coq bull blackwood suite wedding venue events team relaxing break nespresso machine wedding reception wonderful wedding bridal suite from start to finish next morning first class fantastic hotel master of ceremonies belfast city airport second to none food was amazing
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for a surprise night away on a Saturday night..i booked the celebration package for us.
When we arrived staff were so friendly and helpful..we got to our room and followed by a knock on the door with a glass of prosecco each.
Our room was a luxury loft room which was beautifully decorated. The room was lovely and cosy and warm..we actually had to turn the radiator off in the middle of the night and have the window open as it was a bit too toasty at one stage..but not complaining..it was very comfortable!
The bathroom was on the small side.. but it had everything we needed. The bath was lovely..and a nice extra touch of some bath salts and body lotion just topped it off.
We had a three course meal included in the coq and bull restaurant downstairs.. I pre booked the restaurant as it was a Saturday night. The restaurant was full and had a good atmosphere. The restaurant itself is very pretty at night all lit up with candles and church like Windows. The food was delicious..especially the deserts! The set menu for our celebration package had 3 choices of starter, mains, and deserts..and me and my partner were more than happy with the choice we had. Restaurant staff were very pleasant and helpful and we had a great night.
The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in..we even took a pic of the mattress because we wanted it!
There was a wedding on the same night we were staying and there were guests in our corridor and we never heard a peep from them, the hotel is nice and quiet but has a lovely atmosphere.
There is plenty of cosy seating areas to have a drink and just relax...cocktails are yummy.
In the morning we had another knock on the door..this time with some prosecco, orange juice and coffee (which the receptionist had organised with us the day before when checking in). After this we went downstairs to the restaurant again for breakfast. There was a selection of cereals, yoghurts and fruit and pastries, then we were able to order a booked breakfast which was very good.
All in all we felt very well looked after and for a very very good price we couldn't believe how much we got and of excellent quality. We will definitely come back and stay again it was a brilliant night away.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annaharper24
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

From the warm welcome to the beautiful rooms this is one of the most authentic hotels we’ve stayed in.

The room had everything you’d need a Nespresso machine, cafetière, kettle and fresh apples.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the bathroom had nice towels and toiletries.

Breakfast was great. Good selection of fresh fruits as well as an option of a ‘fry’.

What makes this such a special place is the genuine warmth of all the staff.

Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SenorFirenze
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Well now the dust has all finally settled, I can write my review of the Clandeboye Lodge Hotel

We booked the Clandeboye for our wedding in September 2018 the year before. We wanted a venue where we could have the entire day in one place, ceremony and reception, and the Clandeboye provides that beautifully with its stunning ceremony room, beautiful surroundings and perfect Clandeboye suite.

Once we’d booked it, I have to say, the Clandeboye could honestly not have made it easier. Ian was our man on point, provided us with expert guidance and advice the whole way through. His experience, and ‘nothing is a problem’ attitude to everything was absolutely world class. And I mean nothing was a problem. I don’t think we were the most demanding couple (we think), but Ian actually cared about our day, and that we got exactly what we wanted. And he made sure of it.

Thanks to Ian, the run up was flawless, so how was the management on the day? Enter Graham. Absolutely top class. From the minute we (the boys) arrived he was the perfect mix of hands on and ‘only there when needed’. He knew exactly when to step in (with a wee calming brandy) and when to let things flow. When a bit of coaching was needed he was there. Again, experience in abundance and it showed. He knew what we needed before we did, and was there at the perfect time every time to ensure our day was sensational.

We then had Natasha overseeing our evening festivities and again in perfect fashion, knew that she’d only be needed if there were problems. She was perfectly in the background as the evening festivities went without a single hitch. I almost wish there’d been issues, just to see the Clandeboye’s expert event management in action again. Luckily all our guests and suppliers were brilliant, so her evenings work (again, we think) was stress free.

The hotel itself is wonderful, the suite was exquisite. The food was spectacular both for our event and in the restaurant, and everyone has commented to us on what a fantastic day we had. A massive proposition of the credit must go to the professionalism and event experience of the Clandeboye Lodge Hotel.

I cannot recommend this venue for an event enough. I can not recommend the hotel as a comfortable relaxing excellent place to stay enough. I can not recommend the Coq and Bull restaurant enough.

Thank you, from myself and my new wife (still weird) for playing such a huge part in our perfect day. And it was actually perfect. I cannot think of a thing I wish was different. Many men say it’s the best day of their lives. Usually in earshot of their wives. I can honestly I have never smiled, laughed or enjoyed myself as much as I did on my wedding day. And the biggest proportion of the credit for that goes to Ian, Graham and the team at the Clandeboye. And of course my wife. Of course.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank William B
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Found in the idyllic Northern Irish countryside, I recently attended a formal event at the Clandeboye Lodge. Not only is the surrounding area absolutely delightful, but so is the lodge itself. The venue is spacious, aesthetically pleasing and all staff were wonderfully helpful in the organisation and smooth-running of the event. The main hotel building is equally beautiful and I would unequivocally recommend the Clandeboye Lodge Hotel to any prospective visitor.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex B
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Hotel was nice and the food servers were all lovely at our formal event however I was greeted by possibly the most rude staff member I've ever come across, I asked a simple question as to whether I could leave my bag there as it looked like a place that others where leaving bags and I received a rude, unhelpful and snappy response. I work in hospitality myself and if I was to respond to a customer in such a way, I would get fired. Disgusting and horrible attitude from her and ruined my outlook on the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends