“Lovely view”
other travellers have booked this property
View from Bungalow 2 View from Bungalow 2
Aberdovey Beach
Aberdovey
View from Aberdovey
Aberdovey
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Mr Dimita...
“Lovely view”
Reviewed 31 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Lovely view very clean and cosy 2 bed. Beautiful places for relaxing walks. Highly recommend for family trip.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
tracyng82...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 1 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We stayed here for 4 nights and had the best time. Our dog loved it too and especially the dog walk at the top of the hill. Lovely views of the estuary from the deck, brilliant to sit and have your morning coffee. The bungalow was spacious and spotlessly clean. Will definitely return! Bit of advice, make sure you bring a torch, it's pitch black outside.

Miniwelle...
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“It's two star not four”
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We arrived at 9.30pm which was not good and totally my fault with work commitments! However Mount Everest was waiting for me! Located cottage two! Regretfully it was all downhill
1. No outside light working
6. Childs finger marks all over the tv screen
7. No mattress protectors
8. Switch oven/hob Is guess the temperature
9.limited coat hangers
10.park car! And pray u can open door to get in.
11.dirty mirror in bathroom

If u are in any way infirm- don't go !

Also the water is brown! Which may not be a health issue but not nice - costly for a weekend of feeling unclean. Loved the area and will visit again but not here-

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
philb0d
Suances, Spain
“The delights of a bungalow holiday.”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

As we went up the pot-holed dirt track towards the bungalow, we began to fear that what lay before us was not going to fulfil our expectations. The views across the Dovey estuary are spectacular but if you haven't read the small print you're in for a few surprises.
Oh, bedlinen is provided! And there's also an electricity supply and quite reasonably there are no beach towels. However there are no towels at all. No bath towels, no hand towels and not even a drying-up cloth. Not to worry the views are fantastic!
Let's put the lights on. Oh dear, they're not working. So here's the "welcome" brochure. You have to put one pound coins into a meter hidden in the cupboard in the second bedroom. How Quaint! I should have read the smallprint but the Americans must love it.
Never mind. Let's make the bed as the management has decided that holidaymakers in rented accommodation think that this is part of the holiday experience and the cleaners shouldn't be inconvenienced with such chores.
My sister arrives with her 2 young children eager to settle in as soon as possible. Her bungalow is number 6 but oh dear! there's another family already in it." Hey Phil. What do I do? Her brother replies " Oh, I've got a number here for the site manager" I try ringing but no phone signal and she tries the same but with the same result.
She leaves the children with us whilst she jumps into her car and drives off looking for a signal. Half an hour later she says she has spoken to the manager but the manager says there are no free bungalows and that the Wolverhampton office is closed and that he cant offer us a solution and we will have to wait.
It is now half past six and my sister realises that she is at risk of having no accommodation for the night. She drives 20 minutes to Machynlleth and is lucky to find a hotel with a room, Once in the hotel, the management from the bungalow try to give her a solution! She puts the phone down on them in her utter frustration.
Meanwhile back at the camp, sorry, bungalow, we settle in for the night with our one pound coins strategically placed next to the electricity meter. My daughters decide to watch the Olympic opening ceremony and we hear cries from the bathroom from my wife" I can't get out!" We try to mend the lock but then my younger daughter pulls on the door with all her might and it dislodges. It turns out that all the doors are similarly ill-fitting and the walls are paper thin. We close the doors so as not to hear the tv but my daughters have to yank them open and slam them back shut when they go off to bed. Things will look rosier in the morning!
When I wake up after having slept in a rather damp bedroom, the sun is trying to shine. I go through to the kitchen and pop a couple of pieces of bread into the toaster. I pull down the handle but nothing happens. I check the plug and then it dawns on me that I have to put another pound in the meter. I go into my daughters' bedroom but because the bungalow is built into the hillside it is very dark I have to open the curtains to be able to crank up the electricity. I look through the window to be confronted by a bin bag filled with rubbish in an advanced stage of degradation
I'm not an unreasonable man I hope, and always believe in confronting management and owners before writing cowardly discrediting comments on the net, but the agent in Wolverhampton has been so "discourteous" when replying to my request to be refunded my sister's first night's accommodation, I feel I really should warn potential holiday makers what they are letting themselves in for.
My sister did return the second night as we felt committed to a contract. However the management do not feel any such commitment and are fully prepared to make us pay for the first night's accommodation although there was no way we could have taken advantage of it and they have badly abused the system of pre-paying.
The management have told us that they have been in the industry for forty years and have never had any problems like this, I rather suspect they have had many.
So why not a one point scoring? Because the cleaner and the on-site manager ( a charming man!) have done their work but it seems obvious that the owner and the agent in Birmingham are not so diligent or conscientious.
By the way, the views are really worthwhile!!!!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Las vistas
Liked least: Tener que pagar una noche sin quedarnos.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
14 Aug 2016
Please Mr Bodoano if making a review get your facts correct other wise its all a bit pointless?
Fact 1- You did not stay in Bungalow 2
Fact 2- As advised on Trip Advisor and Holiday Lettings bed linen is included however it does not include towels or beach towels or any other towels for that matter, it is a self catering holiday..
Fact 3 As advised on Trip Advisor and Holiday Lettings - electricity is provided by coin operated meters which take £1.00 coins, in fact this is also advised in the correspondence sent to you when confirming and with your accommodation vouchers - perhaps English is not understood in Spain ? The meters are situated in a cupboard but they are not hidden , it makes sense where they are?
By the way the bungalows are not damp in any way shape or form so not quite sure you make this comment?
Fact 4 - By mistake. of which the other family apologised personally and direct to yourself and via ourselves they went to the wrong bungalow. The management were advised that somebody was in your sisters accommodation but could not work out who it was as the occupants had gone out, The management tried to help your sister whils at the site but she very rudely put the phone down in mid sentence, however they continued to try and resolve the situation and by about 7pm it was resolved. The occupants offered to move back to the correct bungalow but you refused, we even had alternative accommodation booked at our expense just in case we could not resolve on the evening
Fact 5 -Please advise why and how we were discourteous, we have acknowledged your threatening emails we did not agree to give you a refund for the 1 nights accommodation as your sister did not allow enough time for the problem to be sorted out, she was rude and booked into a hotel of her own freewill, the accommodation and the problem had been sorted out by 7pm, the family who caused the problem were so upset at what they had done but you have chosen to ignore their apologies and have even asked ourselves to claim the money back from them
Fact 6 - We will not bow down to threats and refund monies just because you are going to hang your'dirty washing' on a review site
Fact 7 - It was the agent who advised you that this had never happened before at the bungalows , it was not said that it had not happened in 40 years , what was said was ' we have been in the business for 42 successful years and looked after 1000's and 1000's of clients and we have a good and decent philosophy about our business and clients. You Mr Bodoano have twisted this round to suit your needs and to obtain a refund for something that was outside of our control.
Fact 8- Is the agent/owner/management whichever you choose to name and blame for your sisters unreasonable demand and behaviour based in Wolverhampton or Birmingham or is this just another 2 facts you have 'got mixed up with' must be to much Spanish Sun?
Trip Advisor users, please make your own mind up about the review and reply, its a shame that users are able to try and use the system to threaten businesses and try and hold them to ransom.
Kumail S
“Fabulous and memorable Holiday, great bungalow and location”
Reviewed 24 March 2016 for a stay in August 2015

We had a short 3 day stay here and wished we could have stayed longer. Bungalow s are built in a superb location overlooking Aberdovey Estuary. Our bungalow was clean and well equipped. Would love to come back here again very soon.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing