Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Truly fabulous - we loved it

Reviewed 4 October 2021
JB1234SurreyUk
surrey uk
Novice Ladies' Golf Experience

Reviewed 20 June 2021
Ralphsmum2014
Welshpool, United Kingdom

All reviews pro shop links course golf club in great condition friendly staff two nights lovely walk in shower kitchen staff basic accommodation drinks menu tea coffee facilities beers on tap night stay plenty of hot water via train holes tee
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2021

Just loved this place, from arriving to the first tee via train to the friendly pro shop and wonderful club house setting. The course was sensational and in great condition, we will return 100%.

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 24 September 2021

I phoned on Tuesday, and explained that I held a GLAMORGAN county card, and asked how much a green fee would be to play on Wednesday or Thursday. I was told £25, which I felt was very reasonable, so booked a round for Thursday afternoon. I duly drove the 16 miles to Aberdyfi from my holiday accommodation, and visited the pro shop to 'register'. My booking was noted, and it was noted that I was 'on' a county card; I produced my GLAMORGAN card to be told that this was the "wrong" card and that Aberdyfi took the Carmarthen(?) county card, which is a "paper card" (as opposed to my plastic Glamorgan card!). I was told that I would be accommodated on the twilight rate. I asked how much that would be and was told £55 - more than double the price I had been quoted on the 'phone. Disgusting, in my opinion. I politely told the pro I would forget it, and duly drove the 16 miles back to my holiday accommodation, having not played any golf. Based on my experience, I would not recommend Aberdyfi Golf Club and will not be returning. I can't give any more than a 1 star rating, as I experienced neither the course nor the clubhouse facilities. A thoroughly disappointing experience

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed 21 June 2021

Having just returned from a 2 day package superbly arranged by Sarah in the Golf Pro Shop, we can say that we both thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the excellent time we spent at Aberdovey with lessons from both Andy and Ritchie. Their expertise, time and more importantly their patience (and sense of humour!) made this trip so enjoyable! We feel that we came away armed with confidence, enthusiasm,(homework!) and more importantly the will to carry on - when at one point after 12 months' of going backwards on a local course we nearly gave up.
Any ladies thinking of taking up golf or considering lessons really should consider doing something similar. It was an important gents' day on the course but everyone was friendly and welcoming to us. May we apologise now for holding people up on the second day of our chaperoned 9 holes! Saying that, again everyone was encouraging towards us. The food by the way was excellent and the service perfect! Thank you all for having been so kind.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 16 October 2020

This was the first time we played a links course. The course was in great condition and despite the wet week we had a dry sunny day to play golf. We were also welcomed into the club house in a safe way and had refreshments after our round.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

What a great course with very good accommodation. I have not played a better course. The wind blew which made it even more challenging. Every hole offers a different challenge and you have to play well. A great example was the short par 3 to the top of a sand dune. Many a ball ended on the beach. The accommodation was comfortable and the breakfast was great. The Team at Aberdovey looked after us so well.
Highly recommend.