All reviews sea view edwards coaches bowls tour grade listed building wet room coach party bar prices sea front breakfast and dinner on arrival entertainment every night beer garden overlooking the beach the cliff small room caldey island visited this hotel
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a stag weekend 24 of us,Wales v England weekend the staff really helpful, prices in the bar was excellent £2.50 all the draught beers and lagers, karaoke on Saturday night. Breakfast was beautiful, freshly cooked staff were kept on their toes as the hotel was full all in all great time was had by all the boys

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
clarhot, Front Office Manager at The Clarence House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Bless you and thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Stayed here as a birthday present from my friend as I cant go anywhere without my dog and this place had great dog friendly reviews. Honestly the dog was treated so well, really made a fuss of. It was his first time in a hotel and he loved it, especially the lift! Staff are lovely and really helpful, plenty of staff on duty at all times to help. The accommodation is basic but clean, yes dated but in a nice traditional hotel on the seafront way. It's really quite nostalgic which I liked. The building is lovely, dogs allowed in bar and sitting rooms which were spacious and quiet when I stayed. I had no experience of noise or noise from other guests, I was on the fourth floor I think, at the front. This was a lovely base for my old dog and I to enjoy the lovely weather and fish and chips. If you are planning a trip bear in mind parking, there are restrictions but I stayed in the supermarket long stay overnight and the car was safe and it wasn't too much of a walk with an overnight bag. Cost a few quid for parking, go on the upper floors for long stay, read the signs carefully! We had a fab stay and will return!

Room Tip: Ask to see as rooms vary
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

As a group Organizer I took a full coach of 52 people to this hotel was made to feel very welcome on arrival by Hubert. The hotel was lovely and cosy food very good and plenty of, staff very polite and friendly Entertainment good.
Hubert was the star of the week I think he may be the owner.
Its a must if you are thinking of going to tenby and are looking for a hotel to stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank jeanette k
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Stayed here with wifey for New Year.Staff were brilliant,nothing too much
trouble. Wonderful food and soups midday and mince pies tea time.
Very near shops and pubs.

Only down side was windows were not opening.

A great hotel to stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lance55742
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We stayed four nights here last summer, and the abiding memory was of how we were not in the hotels target audience. Apart from the odd child, I think we were probably the youngest guests. The majority of the other guests were of retirement age and I think there was at least one coach tour. For us as young middle agers, the only value of the hotel was the proximity to Tenby as a place to rest our heads.
I paid a bit extra to have a sea view, and I think this probably was worth it. It was nice to be able to look out to see the sea.
The breakfast was a cooked meal every day and the quality was acceptable. The orange juice was very sharp. The overall impression was of canteen style catering for multiple people which is what they had to do. The breakfast room is large and caters for all diners simultaneously which is no mean feat. The breakfast time was quite short as I recall, and there was a definite "peak" which it was better to avoid if possible.
The biggest problem for me was the lack of parking. The nearest car parks are expensive and you need to allow for this in your budget. There is a tiny amount of on street parking, mixed in with the residents parking.
The room was clean but the decor dated and the size small. There was a tiny en-suite shower room with one of those concertina doors that I've not seen since the 80s. The toilet had a macerator which made a dreadful noise every time you flushed.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple