All reviews sea view edwards coaches bowls tour coach trip grade listed building coach party wet room bar prices sea front breakfast and dinner entertainment every night on arrival overlooking the beach beer garden caldey island small room the cliff
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Plus: Location was excellent, Staff very friendly and helpful and the room was very clean.

Minus: The room was noisy, as the door was not quite flush and anyone walking past the room sounded as if they were in there with you.
I went on a weekend trip last minute booked in the afternoon of the day we were going, so luckily had a reduced rate however if I had paid full price for this room I would have been very unhappy. It was very clean but also small and noisy and this was an upgrade apparently.
I had forgotten to pack shampoo and shower gel, there was none in the room and I had to purchase it from reception at 10p per sachet!! Their reason was they were 2* however the full price for the room was over £90.00, I have paid this price at many hotels 5* to 2* all over the country and Europe and have always had these things supplied in the room whether cheap or expensive shampoo, something is usually there. I left it as a suggestion however a few days after returning home, I received a letter from the manager, telling me that she saw no reason to put it in the rooms as she did not generally use it herself when she went away due to not liking to use (I quote) 'Cheap Products'. (obviously not only tight in her own hotel but also when she goes elsewhere) as many small and large hotels, stock reasonable products for a one time usage, obviously she knows more than the Hilton where I recently paid £85. per night and low and behold they had shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. At a small expense it could be a beautiful hotel. Suggestion don't pay full price its not worth it but definitely worth £50.00 - £60.00 per night.

Room tip: Don't pay more than £50 - £60 per night
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We booked for three nights in the Clarence hotel ,it is in a lovely position just oppisite the water ,the location is really good however there is no parking available in this hotel ,there are double yellow lines everywhere,so we had to mount the kerb and quickly throw our cases in ,I stayed and my partner went to look for the car park which is just around the corner,then he struggled to get change for the meter all the shops refused him for change ,finally he managed to get some and promptly paid for two hours , once booked into the hotel we had to go and fork out the parking fee for our overnight stay which was a pricey £8 a night for 24 hrs not cheap but you have no choice as there is no where else yo park !
The hotel room was clean ,although on our second day the rubbish wasn't taken from the room so I bagged it up and took it to reception,the guy behind the counter didn't seem worried that the bin hadn't been emptied at all!
Also the teabags were not replenished in the room
It was pricey to stay there I understand that it's in a prime position but the cost didn't even include breakfast !
Which was priced up at £12 and you can get it anywhere in the town girl a fiver !
The room was named as a garden view a and we overlooked a shoddy garden in the middle of renovation
And could see a large overfill ashtray which remained unemptied the three days we were there ,
Tenby is a lovely place and there is a wonderful cake shop just under the arches it is actually an Italian ice cream parlour but the cap aching and my favourite the fresh cream scone are beautiful,and they are huge ,
Hope this helps ,

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend last month. Fantastic location right on the seafront. Staff were very friendly and Sunday roast was good. Tenby and the surrounding area are delightful to visit, especially St Govans Chapel. Didn't get a chance to see Caldy island maybe next time. Beds were comfortable bathroom a bit small. Pints £2.50.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank s_ladyman
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We have just returned from a week at the Clarence House. The hotel is beautifully situated on the cliff top just outside the Tenby Wall. The views across the bay are wonderful. It is only a few minutes walk from the centre of Tenby and from the beach although the most direct route is down a series of steep steps.

The hotel is basic but good at what is offered. The room we had was of reasonable size and was spotlessly clean. It had a wet room style shower. The food was well cooked with choices at every meal but was not "adventurous". The bar is a good size and drinks prices are very good. On sunny days there is also a patio seating area across the road on the clifftop. There is wifi to every room.

Tenby is an interesting town to explore and is a good base for touring Penbrokeshire

Room tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have beautiful sea views
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights, lovely spot ideal flat walk into Tenby and its amenities, lots of steps down to beach - which is glorious!
Very pleasant helpful staff, excellent breakfast, rooms really need updating. But all in all a good hotel at a reasonable rate.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends