“Wonderful British pub food and lovely Ethiopian curry”
Review of The Paddock Inn

The Paddock Inn
Ranked #17 of 21 Quick Bites in Tenby
Cuisines: British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional pub/restaurant with a coffee shop and bakery serving traditional pub food and freshly made bread and confectionery.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We walked over to the paddock inn through lovely Penally town. The pub offered plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. After being in the sun the whole day, we decided to take a seat inside. The pub is old and provides plenty of reminders of its past with its old building structure, ornaments, paintings of its
Former life a paddock. In terms of service and food, it was delicious and way above the standard pub food. My wife went for an Ethiopian curry, which was a surprise to see on the menu, and she said it was ‘gorgeous’. This is praise from someone who has eaten at some of the best restaurants globally, so very high praise compliments the chef. I went for the scampi and chips. The scampi was plentiful and very fresh, the chips and mushy and good standard. The kid's menu was standard but of good quality. Overall it was a good food experience, and I would love to go back and try the Ethiopian curry if there weren’t so many other places to try!

1  Thank R D
Paul C, Owner at The Paddock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for your kind comments, it has really given the team a good boost, people are so quick to criticise nowadays, your review just proves that there are still some good people around.

Write a reviewReviews (165)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We rang to see if we could park our camper for the night Joe was so helpful even reserving a space for us..
We booked for food in the evening and had a brilliant time.
Thr staff are amazing! despite being very busy they had smile for everyone and were so helpful
The food was lovely cooked beautifully, yes we had a,wait but considering recent times
totally understandable,we were kept informed and it was no problem.
The Manager chatty and so lovely when I mentioned I loved millionaire shortbread he went put of his way to get some from the onsite bakery (closed)..thank you ..
We will definitely be back

1  Thank suby058
Paul C, Owner at The Paddock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much, I'm really pleased you enjoyed your visit, you were an absolute pleasure to serve, the whole team commented during your visit how nice and polite you were to everyone, we hope to see you again soon, and again thank you it really means a lot to us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a really fabulous experience at the paddock inn for my birthday . There was a large group of us and the atmosphere was excellent. The food was amazing and cooked to perfection - Really was top class service and delicious food. The staff even put candles in my dessert for my birthday . It was a really nice touch. Thank you so much, we will definitely be back.

Paul C, Owner at The Paddock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Donna thank you so much for your positive review of us at the Paddock, the team tell me you were a pleasure to serve, you were polite, patient and generally lovely people, hope to see you again soon. THANK YOU

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent food, our order ranges from steak, to burgers to fish. All were cooked perfectly and the desserts finished our meals off lovely

1  Thank Z3192QMlisas
Paul C, Owner at The Paddock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi thank you for your recent positive review, we are really glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.
Many Thanks.

Reviewed 22 July 2021

Booked a table for food, waitress took a drinks order and gave us menu which was pretty basic with numerous dishes unavailable. 25 minutes later after being ignored and watching others served before us we paid for drinks and gave up.

Date of visit: July 2021
Paul C, Owner at The Paddock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Well Debbie what an ungrateful individual you are, it really does begger belief, I let you park your camper in my car park overnight free of charge, and in return you write a negative review attempting to destroy my business and ruin my staffs livelihoods, shame on you, we are all praying Karma will pay you a visit for this.
You had to wait 25 mins, well poor you I'm sure my staff would have put the red carpet out and ignored everyone else had they have known you were such an important person. Yes we have a limited menu as we have just one cook who incidentally is doing a fantastic job under extreme circumstances, some dishes do run out as with many other hospitality venues we do struggle to keep a constant supply of ingredients and in turn leads to dishes running out temporarily, finally my advice to you is have a word with yourself, when venturing outdoors try a whole new approach think of others, be kind, because as much as you like to think it's all about you it really isn't, your Oscar winning performance whilst leaving the beer garden last night just really highlighted the person you are but all the other customers found it entertaining, and finally I think I've a solution for your lack of patience in future when your feeling peckish try a company called Mc Donald's apparently you can get a drink and a meal in less than 25 mins. Good Luck and happy camping.