“Ideal base for family to visit North Devon”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Hideaway

Relax in the hot tub on the patio overlooking the sea - available til 10pm in the evening
Fully equipped kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Fully equipped kitchen
Front rockery garden
Main bedroom with ensuite wet room
Dining seating for 8 people
Family bathroom with jacuzzi bath
Sea view from The Hideaway
Relax in the private garden overlooking the sea
View from the coastal path nearby
Pubs serving food within 10 minute walk
Views of the sun setting over the harbour from Hillsborough
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 9 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Mr Charle...
“Ideal base for family to visit North Devon”
Reviewed 10 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018
person found this review helpful

Had a great holiday, 1 week stay at the Hideaway ideal for 5 adults 2 dogs & 2 cars. Lovely garden for the dogs but not secure by the house so needed to block off side path. Found property well cleaned but some areas needing a bit more tlc and maintenance e.g. the toilet seat in twin bedroom ensuite was broken and there was mould around the showers and sinks.
I had to do a bit of pruning to get round to the key safe at the back of the garage and cut brambles and nettles coming through from neighbouring property due to being attacked by these as I got out of the car, not easy with just small pair of scissors that I brought with me, couldn’t find anything else in the property. However we all enjoyed our stay there.

Antony P
Newark upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Wonderful spacious hideaway”
Reviewed 15 February 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Everything about this place is great. It was spacious, warm and comfortable. We had the facilities to cook a great Christmas dinner and enjoy the hot tub after as a family. The views are lovely as is the Thatch Pub just a five minute walk away. The cottage is a fair walk into Ilfracombe about 15 minutes to the harbour and I would recommend always booking a taxi back if you have kids or if you have any difficulty with steep hills. Most cab firms charge about a fiver from the harbour area. All in all a great place to relax and unwind. Lastly, we left our coats in the cupboard but they kindly returned them to us by post. Fabulous service.

Abooz81
“Lovely few days in Ilfracombe”
Reviewed 29 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

We had a lovely few days in Ilfracombe - stunning part of the country and the location of the hideaway was ideal to make the most of it.

The facilities at the hideaway were pretty good - the hot tub and spa bath were particular favourites.

If I was to be critical the only thing I would say is that the single beds weren’t very comfortable(probably fine for kids but not so much for an adult), and think couple of areas need a bit of tlc (for example grouting in the shower rooms/cushions in lounge a bit dirty)

We would definitely visit again - thanks again Jo

Relax5076...
“Lovely, clean, airy bungalow with scenic views.”
Reviewed 29 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We enjoyed a family beak here in this pretty seaside town. Lots of places to visit for all the family including the dogs. I would recommend anyone to go to Watersmeet. The forest and the river are beautiful. This was our most favourite day.
The Hideaway is a lovely, clean airy bungalow, very comfortable.
I would prefer to have mattress protector and pillow protectors but this certainly not a complaint, just a suggestion.
The only thing we were not happy about was the rubbish and recycling. There are no recycle boxes and we had so many activities booked that we didn't have time to start carrying rubbish with us looking for some recycling place to dispose of it. I think the owners should have a rethink about it

Management Response
3 Jul 2017
Thank you for your review and for looking after the house during your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the views and house location. Will take on board your suggestion re mattress and pillow protectors. I have provided maps of the recycling facilities in the info book in the house and there is a separate recycling bin to general waste in the kitchen. Sorry if this wasn't clear in the info, I will make more prominent in the house and the info I send through in advance of guests staying. Disposal of rubbish is a bit of a pain to have to worry about on holiday I know. I hope you consider us again if have any future plans to visit the area.
MarkGSD20...
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Little gem”
Reviewed 18 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Beautiful place, equipped with everything you would need. Every little detail was taken care of. Definitely will be back!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing