All reviews balcony overlooking john and caroline attending a wedding stayed for nights minute walk from the centre steep drive tunnel beaches stay there again torrs park hosts were lovely nothing is too much trouble fresh milk quiet road peaceful location old victorian off road parking room was spotlessly clean
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Really helpful staff. Room was spotlessly clean with comfy bed. Overlooked the gardens which are very impressive and well maintained. the whole place feels fresh Andre entry refurbished. Breakfast was great with a wide selection. It’s just a short walk to the town a dharbour. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while in ilfracombe for work. The service I received from the moment I arrived until I left was second to none! When I arrived I was told all about the local area snd the best places to eat and even given fresh milk for my tea! As I needed an early start thr next morning they arranged an early breakfast and what a breakfast! Nothing was too much trouble for the couple running this hotel and I can wait to go back with my wife for a long weekend. I had a superior double room with balcony and it really was a lovely room with the comfiest bed i have ever slept in.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I can only agree with so many of the previous reviews. We have recently returned from two nights at The Woodlands and would most certainly return. John & Caroline were so welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, we appreciated the little extras like drinking water provided daily and fresh milk readily available instead of those horrible UHT sachets! One glorious afternoon we returned early from exploring bearing a bottle of wine and they provided an ice bucket and garden loungers so we could enjoy their garden.....how's that for service? The Woodlands is within easy walking distance of the beaches, harbour, cliffs etc and whilst it is true to say that the town centre does look a little sad the Council are obviously doing their best to brighten the public areas with beautiful displays of flowers. It is a great base for touring North Devon and a delightful place to stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

On our visit we were greeted and made to feel very welcome by the owner.The room had a balcony with views over the magnificent garden.breakfast was to a very high quality with locally sourced produce.The only downside is that is not closer to where we live as we would be making many more visits

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved everything about this place when we visited. We arrived early and were able to check in straight away. The room was ry spacious and had amazing views over the properties beautiful gardens. The hosts were lovely and friendly, and recommended places to visit and how to get to the coadtal path. The coastal path is really close to hotel, and a walk along it on a sunny morning was a highlight of our trip. The breakfast was great and we felt really at home here. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here if we were back in Ilfracombe, and have already recommended it to family members.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple