“Far exceeded expectations! ”

Watermouth Family Theme Park & Castle
Ranked #7 of 43 things to do in Ilfracombe
More attraction details
Owner description: With an enchanting mix of children's activities and nostalgic blasts from the past, Watermouth Castle appeals to kids from 1 to 100 years of age! Welcome to one of Devon's premier tourist attractions.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Came here on a quiet Wednesday in May! For the majority of the day we seemed to be the only people in the park, which was fantastic! All the staff were incredibly friendly, especially the man on the toboggan run! I honestly was not expecting much but with the castle, dungeons, rides and all the other activities, this was a fantastic day out and well worth the money!

1  Thank Tilly S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)
All reviews
in 62 reviews
"gardens are beautiful"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018

No lie, I have been going to this place since I was about 6. Its one of those places where the second you leave you want to walk back in again. That is exactly how I felt. The staff are polite and the rides are amazing aswell. All my childhood is in this place. I do prefer the castle though and please do not change it. Fudge is amazing (best fudge I have ever had). My favourite bit is the dungeons because they are sinister and strange (apparently bad to some people). Don't listen to the bad reviews because it is a lie. Staff are NOT rude, There are NOT only about 3 rides. I live 7 hours away from Watermouth Castle so we go yearly, but it never lets us down. Thanks to the manager and staff for making my childhood amazing.

2  Thank JUST Z
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We booked two apartments. One for grandparents on the ground floor one up stairs with fantastic views. Staff very welcoming and helpful. Spent time chatting with the children. Being resident you have access to the theme park which is excellent for younger children. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank jude599
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We are coming to the end of a brilliant week at Watermouth Castle. I am here with my mother(90) my Daughter (33) and my granddaughter (19 months) the whole holiday has been fantastic. We first came here over thirty years ago when my own children were young and have never forgotten it. I have read other reviews and would just like to put my point against there comments. Firstly you are staying in a castle not the Ritz Hotel it is meant to be old and draughty but there are fires /radiators in every room and apartments warm up quickly. Second cost we stay in various self catering places and all have cost more than Watermouth Castle the prices to me seem unbelievably cheap considering it also gives you access to the grounds. It should be definitely be classed as a family theme park perhaps advertised for younger children. There are not fast thrilling rides but something gets your attention around every corner. My granddaughter has had the most amazing holiday this week even with the bad weather. Prices in the park are good all rides are included in the entrance fee and any machines are either 2p or 10p not like other parks wanting £1 for air hockey. Staying in the apartment is well worth it the are clean comfortable and have everything you might need with the added advantage of a heated indoor pool. Last but by no means least the staff have been exceptional fron the moment we arrived the lady in the office has gone over and above to sort out all of our queries. Every time we went round the park with my mother in her wheel chair a member of staff offered help and the staff on every ride was happy friendly and helpful. Can only give Watermouth 10/10 will definitely return.

1  Thank Lyndy-lou1958