All reviews coach party buffet breakfast hotel arranged towels were changed daily fresh veg each evening help your self nothing too much trouble enjoyable weekend the staff were extremely helpful reasonable size shower and toilet a bit tired plenty of hot water harbour area friendly hotel comfortable stay
Reviewed 1 September 2018

This hotel is a typical one used by coach parties. My room was clean but little small. The food was good but not much choice offered for breakfast, no fresh fruit , yogurts, or Danish pastries.
The staff were pleasant and evening meal was waiter served.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 910cynthia
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for our first weddinganniversary. The hotel staff wrote us a card left us champagne, fresh strawberries, chocolate truffles and a vase full of beautiful fresh roses. The room was comfortable we slept very well. The shower is very slow and not powerful takes a while to rinse off! Breakfast was fine help your self to as much as your want cooked breakfast, cerals,toast ETC.Staff could not do enough for you very friendly and welcoming. The hotel needs a refresh and update we would stay again and would recommend to others, as long as you dont mind basic stereotypical seaside hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

My 14yr old Son and I stayed here 3rd-7th August. We were greeted by the lovely Violet who was very helpful and friendly..in fact ALL of the staff were. The room was clean, the beds cosy and the ample breakfast facilities and choices were excellent. My Son left his electric toothbrush behind and the very helpful Sharon posted it to us 1st Class, without charge. I will definitely stay here again. Thank you all at the Palm Court Hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with family
palm court h, Receptionist at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, we are glad to know that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us and we will be more than happy to host you again.

Best regards Violet.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed here for two nights for the weekend, the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a buffet and we enjoyed everything, very good service, staff very helpful and always asking if everything was ok and, to be honest, was nothing to complain about. At the reception was a telephone that you could use for any problem you had after the morning service when the receptionist was gone and everyone was out anyway, still we saw Violet at the reception a number of times during the day. The parking was a big help even if it was packed during the night but, again the staff were on top of things moving the cars so we could get out in the morning. Everything was great.Thank you for one enjoyable weekend, we will be back for sure.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting poor service dirty nappies left out by the door overnight very smelly dust everywhere damp a waste of money spoilt the end of our holiday we want our money back not worth it I have pictures as well. No staff around at all parking a big problem have photos of that too complained to bookings. Com but no reply if I don't get a reply of a refund I will be uploading photo evidence

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank davewootton29
palm court h, Owner at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you for your email, I have read your complaint and investigated the matter and respond as follows:

1. You arrived on 3rd August, and departed on 5th August, at no time during your stay did you express any concerns to my staff about your room, indeed on the Saturday morning at breakfast, Violet asked you if everything was ok, to which you replied “ We’re fine everything’s OK”. From your complaint, when you use words such as “ disgusting” I would have expected you, firstly to go back to reception on arrival and asked to be moved, if your room wasn’t to your expectation, and secondly, respond in a negative matter to Violets enquiry concerning your stay on the Saturday Morning.
2. The hotel advertises Parking on availability, if you look at your booking.com confirmation and the site you will see this wording. Therefore we do not guarantee a parking space, however it should be noted that you did park in our car park for the duration of your stay, therefore I see no basis for your complaint.
3. With regard to the bag of rubbish left outside the bedroom next to yours’ (there is no doubt what it contained however it was tied at the top), I agree this is unacceptable behaviour of a fellow guest, it’s something we would never expect a guest to do, however, I am also surprised you didn’t report this immediately to reception for them to take action. Rooms, as with any hotel, are serviced in the morning, and this unacceptable action by this guest happened after the room attendants left for the day. The offending rubbish bag, however was removed at 10.30pm by a member of staff doing their final sweep of the day. We cannot be held responsible for the unacceptable actions of your fellow guests, but I find that my staff took the appropriate action on its detection.

To Summarise, I would remind you that you made no complaint during your stay , you used the bedroom and facilities, had breakfast and parked your car for free in our car park. We have met every advertised obligation to you. If you were unhappy with any aspect of our service, you could have chosen to leave the Hotel and we would have happily refunded money due. Please feel free to come back to me if my investigation has missed any matter which concerns you.