Review Highlights
scammers

beware of a scam that they are running with tricking people into buying insurance. when you request... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
P J
Worst company ever

Worst company ever! My daughters father lost his phone couldn't get on the bus, cancel ticket... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Fabria S

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around United States
2,614 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I literally hate Greyhound. The most unreliable company known to mankind. My bus got cancelled and I didn’t even get an email about it, so me along with other passengers were just sitting at the station for about 1.5 hours waiting for the bus that never came. They are also chronically late. I would rather eat a brick than take a Greyhound again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a trip from Baton Rouge to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico (outbound) with Greyhound in June 2024. Overall, the experience was good and I always enjoy the opportunity of riding the bus as it gives you the chance to see the lay of the land. For context, I am a 52 y.o. male 6'3" 285 lbs. Most people don't bother me, if I were a female (no diss to females) I would be more careful in travelling solo. You probably will be o.k. but you just need to be situationally aware of your surroundings. Situational awareness is your key. But traveling by bus is cheap and that's why most of us take it. Greyhound does a pretty good job of 'trying' to be on time. Also, these busses get very cold (a/c) at night and you definitely need to bring a blanket or sweater with you. When I got off the bus in San Antonio I was so cold I was literally trembling, BRING A BLANKET! Also, if your trip is of any length, a travel pillow is a Godsend. It's hard to sleep on the bus but anything you can do to snatch 15-30 minutes of sleep will be a lifesaver. Another item of note is that Greyhound is now teeming up with Flixbus and Flixbus dropoff/pickup locations are in really random places like parking lots or street corners, be aware when you are booking your ticket so you know which carrier is handling your transportation and where you will eventually end up. Greyhound gets a bad rap (probably justified) but sometimes they do go above and beyond as on my return trip from Mexico at the Monterrey, Mexico Greyhound location, CSA Hector helped me book an earlier departure from Monterrey ahead of a cyclone headed for the area. Greyhound was enjoyable, if you can and finances are not a hindrance, flying probably is your best option but with Greyhound it's not your only option, meaning, with caveats taken into consideration Greyhound can be a viable option to flying. Don't keep a tight timeline with Greyhound, allow for interruptions or delays and you will probably be o.k.

1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveled from DC to NYC. Forgot to get my suitcase. The only way to contact is via email, which I did. It has been over three weeks and there is no response from lost and found or any other support personnel. It is very frustrating. Also a great loss to me. I would think they would have been able to track my suitcase by now. Very disappointing service.

Date of experience: May 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveled from NY to Silver spring! I honestly think it is the worst i ever made! It was painful to sit in the bus with a smell of the toilet! Disappointed

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I looked on the website twice and it says you get get partial or a full refund when I called customer see they said it good for a voucher I told them I don’t ride the bus I take a plane to where I need to go this was last minute… count your days greyhound