“Amazing food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came here on the 23rd August 2021 for a meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary. As usual the food was delicious.

You always leave feeling stuffed. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone.

The meal I was after wasn’t on the menu, but the gentleman who served us, possibly the owner, got the chef to make me what I had enquired about. I have to say that it was off the scale for tastiness. The nicest sauce I have ever tasted in any restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (292)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Table booked for 7-30 people waiting outside for bookings for 7-00! After an hour given a table under air con! half an hour for food to be delivered- understaffed- food poor - left ASAP never to return!!!

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank Lynne T
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Awful. 1.45 mins waiting time- with three hungry children. Staff couldn’t give a toss-swearing in Italian. Maybe at us, maybe at kitchen. Who knows! Mediocre food when it arrived. Burnt pizzas, no seasoning near the starters. Chewy steak. Considered leaving, or ordering a dominoes! Wish we had. What a disappointment. Avoid.

1  Thank Qerthigufuugigifu
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

It took 2 hours just to get a margarita pizza would not recommend and even when the pizza arrived it wasn’t as good as I had hoped but as always that is my opinion

Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Standing outside, the restaurant does not look like much, given its location and surroundings. But inside creates an entirely different impression with its exposed brickwork, plants, paintings, and impressive open-space dining room from which you can see the chefs hard at work in the kitchen.

We had booked a table earlier in the evening, but that didn’t matter - it was a Tuesday night and they had a few tables available (although it was impressively busy for a week night). We were seated immediately, and our drinks orders were soon taken by an Italian waiter (it should be noted that a number of servers were Italian…definitely a good sign!).

The menu offered lots of choice, but was not too extensive, which I interpret as an indicator that the dishes are fresh. To start, we ordered the rosemary and sea salt focaccia. It was more like a pizza bread to be honest, but still wonderful - soft and well-seasoned, with lovely charred bits, and piping hot, fresh out of the pizza oven. The flavour of the dough was far better than that I have had in places such as Gusto.

We didn’t have to wait long after we had demolished the flatbread starter for our mains to arrive. My boyfriend really enjoyed his pollo pizza (generous amount of toppings), and the sweet potato fries were cooked to perfection, piping hot, wonderfully crispy, and also generously-portioned. I ordered the chicken arrosto with arabiatta sauce and vegetables, and it was insane. The chicken breast was absolutely huge and cooked to perfection. It was seasoned really well, charred yet magnificently juicy. The arrosto sauce was delicious, and perfect for dipping my vegetables in. I scraped the plate clean!

We were so full that we couldn’t possibly manage deserts, but left the restaurant extremely happy. The meal was absolutely delicious, and great value. The setting was lovely, and all members of staff that we encountered were incredibly professional, efficient, and friendly. You MUST give Davanti’s a try!

Date of visit: June 2021