See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2012

It says on the Hotel webpage “Children Welcome”, however in our experience this could not have been further from the truth. As a visiting group of schoolchildren, aged 10-11, we were unfortunate enough to have been booked into St. Brelades in July 2012. The staff were unfriendly, rude and obviously unused to treating children with the kindness and respect they deserve, which is our school motto (Shine with love, kindness and respect). Children were reduced to tears by the actions of the staff, including male staff entering the rooms and shouting at girls, causing great distress. Uncomfortable beds, awful food and not particularly clean. When we arrived, after a long journey, the rooms were not ready and we had to stay outside in the pouring rain for THREE HOURS, unable to use toilets or any facilities.

We had great fun visiting the Isle of Wight, because our teachers worked so hard to make this a special trip, but this was despite our negative experience of this ‘Hotel’. I can honestly say this was the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in! I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone, even as a last resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ken H
Reviewed 21 April 2012

we have just had a short break at St Brelades and the service and welcome was excellent, we were treated as part of the family not just as guests. i would recommend this hotel to family and friends and hope to have another visit soon. no complaints whatsoever.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahs63
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Unfortunately our stay was very depressing. We arrived at the Hotel after 3 hour long journey and since our room was not ready as yet - we couldn't immediately move in. My wife wanted to use the rest room - but the owner said that there was no facility, so we must go out and find a public toiler. We found that to be too rude and insensitive.

Later on - even if it is a B&B - we expected that the rooms will be cleaned but that was not the case - our rooms were left unclean and untidy when we returned after our end of day (on the second day of stay). The rooms were small, the shower was not working (leading to water waste - which is bad for them but we felt guilty about it too)...

All in all a poor experience. We won't go back nor would we recommend.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kunalsharma7
StBrelades, Owner at St Brelades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Firstly, I am disappointed and puzzled that your member had a 'very depressing' experience with us. There is absolutely no notes of any incidents or reports pertaining to your member's stay. We do have a record of the booking - could there be confusion with another property?

It is difficult to comprehend why any person visiting the St Brelades would be told to find a public toilet facility elsewhere, when we have those available facilities right here.

Comments were made to indicate that your member's room was not clean. I am sure that on check in the room was spotless, otherwise if that was not the case we would have recieved a comment or complaint.
All rooms are serviced daily, beds made, dustbins emptied, teas and coffees replenished, bathrooms cleaned, towels changed if requested, rooms dusted and vacuumed.
The booking was for a two night stay, what kind of unclean and untidy state could the room have been in?
Mistakes are sometimes made and if for some unfortunate reason the room was not serviced, it would have been nice to make amends back in August 2010.
The stay at the St Brelades was in August 2010 - why 5 months for a review to be written?

Reviewed 24 September 2010

I've just returned from seven nights at St Brelades and have only praise for the welcome and service. My room was comfortable, the shower functioned well and I enjoyed a great breakfast every day. There was a problem with the advertised wifi but that probably meant I had more of a holiday than if I had stayed glued to my computer.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2009

we have stayed a few times at st brelades and every time we get to feel like we are at home, you are treated as though you are one of the family not just a hotel guest, i would and have recommended this hotel to family and friends. keep up the good work.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple