See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Amazing position.
This hotel could be fantastic if only the owners would put money earned back into the business! The staff were very accommodating especially when we had to ask for a new mattress as the springs were coming prominent and was so uncomfortable. This was done straight away but the replacement was no better. No hot water in sink, shower too cosy! Grouting needed redoing in bathroom and not very clean bedding. The furniture has seen better days with many handles missing!
Stair rails dirty and sticky on the way down to the breakfast room made me feel ill. Breakfast.... mislead, continental included only. Dreadful croissants (cheap & unfresh), plastic cheese and ham? The cheapest quality, money could buy. Wasn't very impressed with it at all.
This place could be fantastic, all it needs is different owners!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denisewith1
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I had paid for 2 rooms at the Mayfair hotel, while ours was okay, my daughter and her fiancée's room hadn't been cleaned properly. They found a flipflop and a tag from a school children under the bed. We dropped the luggage off and went for a meal. It was about 11pm when we returned. My daughter came to my room saying there were bed bugs on the wall. I had a look- and had to agree after a Google search it was indeed bed bugs. The night receptionist tried to blame my daughter, implying the bugs had come in through the open window. They were eventually moved to another room. The next day nothing was said- but when my daughter asked at the desk, they confirmed it was bed bugs...but no apology was given. We contacted them when we returned- but no apology has ever been given. It's simply the worst hotel I've stayed in!

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank istokholm
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Rooms very basic but clean. Mattress was too soft and uncomfortable. No lift. 5 mins walk down a slope to the beach. Walk back up is uphill. Staff are friendly and helpful. Can be quite noisy when they have coach groups in.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Room was clean but basic, staff apart from the woman was miserable and no customer service, stairs where the only way to the room, we where at the top carrying two big bags we where watched by the staff and no offer of help, breakfast advertisement is misleading, when we asked for breakfast we where told continental is included but English breakfast was extra, we ordered but this took 20 minutes to arrival, we where never asked if we wanted tea or coffee we had to ask them when brought out only enough for 2 cups never stay there again horrible place.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

We have just returned from our stay, we had three rooms, they were clean and tidy. Beds comfortable, tea and coffee provided. We used the lounge most nights and the family running the place were very approachable. Bar closed at ten each night, I think that possibly changes when they have coach parties in, breakfast was basic but edible. For the price we paid and having read the reviews in advance, we went in with our eyes wide open. We would definitely stay there again. It’s proximity to beaches and public transport was really good. If your looking for a budget hotel, I’d recommend it here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends