See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I had paid for 2 rooms at the Mayfair hotel, while ours was okay, my daughter and her fiancée's room hadn't been cleaned properly. They found a flipflop and a tag from a school children under the bed. We dropped the luggage off and went for a meal. It was about 11pm when we returned. My daughter came to my room saying there were bed bugs on the wall. I had a look- and had to agree after a Google search it was indeed bed bugs. The night receptionist tried to blame my daughter, implying the bugs had come in through the open window. They were eventually moved to another room. The next day nothing was said- but when my daughter asked at the desk, they confirmed it was bed bugs...but no apology was given. We contacted them when we returned- but no apology has ever been given. It's simply the worst hotel I've stayed in!

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank istokholm
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Rooms very basic but clean. Mattress was too soft and uncomfortable. No lift. 5 mins walk down a slope to the beach. Walk back up is uphill. Staff are friendly and helpful. Can be quite noisy when they have coach groups in.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Room was clean but basic, staff apart from the woman was miserable and no customer service, stairs where the only way to the room, we where at the top carrying two big bags we where watched by the staff and no offer of help, breakfast advertisement is misleading, when we asked for breakfast we where told continental is included but English breakfast was extra, we ordered but this took 20 minutes to arrival, we where never asked if we wanted tea or coffee we had to ask them when brought out only enough for 2 cups never stay there again horrible place.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

We have just returned from our stay, we had three rooms, they were clean and tidy. Beds comfortable, tea and coffee provided. We used the lounge most nights and the family running the place were very approachable. Bar closed at ten each night, I think that possibly changes when they have coach parties in, breakfast was basic but edible. For the price we paid and having read the reviews in advance, we went in with our eyes wide open. We would definitely stay there again. It’s proximity to beaches and public transport was really good. If your looking for a budget hotel, I’d recommend it here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Hi , I visited the hotel last week, with large group from London. There were 40 of us, I travelled with my daughter. The rooms were spacious, clean, bed linen clean, i was little worried as I had read some concerning reviews, but so glad I came abd would definitely return. Everything was spotless which fir me is important with my daughter, showers and bathroom were spotless and powerful. Yes it’s a little dated but well kept abd clean. The staff were so helpful, even changing my room (I was sharing with another person) tge6 gave me abd my daughter a double room as my back was hurtin* as I shared a bed with my daughter, as she dustbin sleep in the cit they provided, daughter still co sleeping so tricky. But they moved me without me asking, they just heard from my friend I was sharing wit( that my back was hurting.

The food was lovely, I often arrived later than everyone else at meal times as my daughter sleeping pattern didnt match the meal times, but they provide fresh food for me without complaint.

On the las5 day, we checked out early but would not be leaving island until 7pm, they even cooked my daughters lunch and dinner that I bought. Absolutely fabulous.
So friendly , caring and definitely family orientated.

It was also quiet abd peaceful, considering it was packed hotel.

Paris one of the staff was down from London helping and he was so friendly and has excellent customer service abd often interacts with us all including my daughter. The two owners worked tirelessly, cooking, cleaning, and making everyone’s stay quality.

I definitely recommend the hotel

It’s walking distance from beautiful beach, and town, shops like coop, pound stretchers, etc if yiu need a quick little shop. And on the beach I recommend the beach cafe, once again such friendly staff and lovely food.

Room tip: No lifts (if u have wheelchair or pray) but can manoeuvre easy and staff help
Trip type: Travelled with friends