All reviews lovely hotel executive room car park railway station bar area dvd player tesco express my partner busy road lovely room free parking top floor real ale old building full english third floor sunday lunch
Reviewed 16 September 2016

Nice to see Barrow getting its act together. This hotel really surprised me. We stayed for one night at the end of July and I've got to say really enjoyed it. The staff at reception were really helpful and genuinely friendly, the bar is modern and light with a nice atmosphere and the breakfast was of a good standard. However the thing that I really loved was our room which had a view over the tops of the terrace houses towards Morcambe Bay. There was something stirring about being at the top of this old building looking over the old industrial town towards the sea beyond that I'm not sure can be put into words. The room was also modern (not over the top) and clean and had superb air conditioning which my wife truly appreciates.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

I booked a weekend in barrow for my partners birthday. After looking at the pictures of the superior rooms i thought they looked really nice and thought they would be worth the £105 i paid. When we arrived i walked into the room and it looked nothing like the photos online. I was rather dissapointed to be honest and it definetly wasn't worth the money. I wouldn't like to see what a standard room would look like if this was 'superior.' The room was soo basic, the cups were not clean, the bathroom didn't have a bath, just a shower. There definetly was nothing superior about it all! The room was extremely noisy through out the night with people in the corridors which obviously is not the hotels fault.
The staff all seemed lovely which was good and the breakfast in the morning was lovely.
I wouldn't come back here just because i could get much better for the price.
Thank you though!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016

We stayed at the hotel for one night whilst attending a nearby wedding. Room was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately we had frosted windows so no view but we didn't spend much time in the room so that didn't matter to us. Breakfast was good apart from the toast which took an age to arrive (had been served and almost finished cooked breakfast) and when it did arrive it was burnt. Overall a good stay though.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Had tickets for the Nathan Carter show at The Forum, so decided to stay over night. Arrived earlier than booking-in time - no problem, the receptionist checked with the housekeeper and room ready for us in 15 minutes also she hung shirt in office and looked after overnight bag whilst we had an excellent, value for money lunch in the bar/restaurant area. Room superb, roomy, spotless. Well stocked bar - lost count of number of different whisky/whiskey(s) Yes they have Irish Whiskey too! Staff very friendly and very helpful. Highly recommended. Will definitely stay again.

Room tip: We were in a corner room very large and bright.
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel, rooms and food are fab and the staff can't do enough for you. We had a remote control issue, I.e. it was missing and the staff scoured the whole building for a spare. Even though one couldn't be found we will be back to stay again !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple