All reviews superior room comfortable sofas family room lovely hotel returned later would highly recommend this hotel large shower dvd player birthday meal would stay again visiting the area on arrival wedding party three nights bank holiday weekend walk in shower wedding reception
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Booked this venue for my parents golden wedding. The venue was beautiful. All the staff were wonderful. Amelia & Rob were fantastic. Thank you all so much for making it such a wonderful and memorable occasion. Nothing was too much trouble.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2017

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. The rooms in the new block are spacious and comfortable. The facilities are good. There is an on site restaurant which is not open Sunday. The vegetarian food was excellent. It is a short drive to the town centre. The staff are always pleasant and helpful

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 19 March 2017

My husband and I have just spent 1 night here. Booked last minute as a break away, and thoroughly overwhelmed by all it had to offer. Decor fabulous, staff welcomed us and shown us to our Room. Really pleased they gave us a gorgeous ground floor suite that had everything we could wish for. We had a wonderful Welcome at the Bar/Lounge at 5.30p.m. by Rob who made us feel extremely welcome, served and waited on us in lovely comfortable lounge, and showed us the menus for evening dinner which were served in the restaurant. After deciding what to eat, he kindly took our order, and we waited and had another drink whilst the restaurant prepared our meal. Rob kindly took us through to our table. We had a wonderful meal, food was impeccable. Served so professionally by Rob, and after we retired into the gorgeous comfy sitting room with huge chesterfields and chunky cushions and candlelight to enjoy the remainder of our evening. Rob really was the perfect host and the hotel is priveleged to have him. We most definitely will be going back. Our perfect way to unwind and enjoy, and a beautiful part of the country to see. Thank You The Chetwynde.

Room tip: Fabulous ground floor annexe towards rear near car park.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Local person having a social function nearby. Booked 2 rooms, 1 family room and superior double. Rooms lovely, beds very comfortable and staff extremely helpful. Breakfast in the morning gorgeous and not skimped on. Such a homely feel. Only area that could be improved was that the hot breakfast could have been warmer. Quality of food cannot be faulted, all local and we'll cooked. Even though we are local, would definitely return as a special treat. Thank you for making a special night even more special. Good luck for the future.

Room tip: Top floor has nice views but no lift. Room 3 in annex suitable for disabled residents
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2017

We decided to stay at this hotel overnight as both my husband and myself had appointments at the nearby hospital on two consecutive days.
We booked room 3 which was in the annex and offered excellent facilities for anyone with disabilitys.
I rang up to book this Hotel, and received excellent service from Rob who went out of his way to forward me all our booking documentation via email.
When we arrived we were given a very warm welcome. We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant and I must say our food was plentyful and well cooked.
Really enjoyed our stay, and I am sure we will be back.

Date of stay: January 2017