All reviews oscars restaurant wedding venue stunning hotel lovely grounds princess suite wowcher deal summer suite christmas decorations main building deluxe room my partner eggs benedict wedding guests high standard from start to finish evening meal booked a table
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We were visiting Windermere,at short notice for short break and choice was limited,but Abbey House came up with great rate,and it looked good.
It is possible to be disappointed,but in this case reality was the opposite.
Everything was perfect,from approach,grounds,receptionist,room,dining room,bar,breakfast.
I am involved in the Hospitality Industry,and note many things.
This place was perfect and has been extended ,and refurbished to the highest,most tasteful levels.
It is not far from Windermere,via Newby Bridge but offers highest standards and excellent value,worth the detour.The family owners should be proud of Abbey House,which has exceptional staff,in superb surroundings.
There will always be someone who can find fault in a place,they always do,but try a visit if only to admire interior decor!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AbbeyHouseHotel, General Manager at Abbey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Dear Keithpatt,
Thank you very much indeed for your kind review, high praise indeed. All of the team endeavour to go the extra mile and will be thrilled with your feedback. We are slightly off the beaten track to the lakes, but glad you found the detour worth while, always a good excuse to explore Coniston!
Thanks again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warm regards

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Visited Abbey House for a family wedding the hotel was very welcoming clean and neat and tidy, the food was very good and plenty full. The wedding went off very well, the hotel staff made sure the whole ceremony went off without problems. The change from service to the wedding meal was made quickly. The gardens gave many options for the photos. ALL the staff willing to make sure everything they could to provide a 1st class service. I would strongly recommend this location for weddings

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ian T,
Thank you for your kind review. I was so glad to read that you had a wonderful time at Abbey House and found the wedding to be without any issues. The team will be thrilled to read your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

When I arrived at this hotel I was given room 109 which I found out was directly over the functions room and would be noisy until midnight when the music was switched off. I was given a room for one night in 215 on the next floor. But had to move back down to 109 the following morning which I did not mind so much because I would be at the party this night. There were other people there with children in a family room who could not get a move and were upset because the noise would keep the children awake. The rooms were nice but I thought they would have been bigger and my view was a tree which was a shame. Watch out if you order full English breakfast because you can order 3 and they are all different. Things missing off each of them. The service throughout the hotel was brilliant in all areas, could not fault any of the staff they were all great. Make sure you only book a room on the 2nd floor

Room tip: Avoid the first floor rooms OK but noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Aileen187062,
Thank you for your feedback, I was so glad to read that you found the staff faultless and service to be brilliant in all areas, high praise indeed.
Being Cumbria's No 1 wedding venue, we do sometimes struggle to find the right balance for guests retiring early to bed and I'm very sorry that this had affected your stay with us.
I hope it hasn't put you off and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Went for first time to get a feel for the place, we got the best room in the place 301 couldn't hear a thing from the summer ball it weddings going on.. Food was amazingly scrumptious and couldn't eat out the next day in Windermere so not to spoil my appetite for our second night which again,was tasty! Staff were amazingly helpful,polite and they all worked well together.. The hotel was lovely and clean and the grounds were too. I did miss the fact the place doesn't have a pool or its own spa and uses a spa company who comes in everyday instead, she was fully booked which I understand,but a pool would of been nice and relaxing. Overall very lovely relaxing weekend coming away with the info I needed for our wedding too..

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Rtl78,
Thanks very much for your wonderful review, much appreciated. 301 is indeed a treat, up, up and away in the rooftops, one of our most tranquil spaces, the perfect escape from the revellers below! I was thrilled to read that you found the team to be helpful and polite and that you enjoyed all Oscar's had to offer.....both nights!
Unfortunately there are some ideals that aren't achievable at Abbey House, such as the pool but we will be delivering some new delights in the future, keep coming back to find out!
Warm regards

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time in business and was not disappointed. Lovely new room with high quality fittings and decoration. I don't normally comment on things like this but the towels in the bathroom were the softest I've come across in years. Finally the breakfast was excellent, I went for the cereal before noticing an excellent serving of porridge next door. Hot food was excellent quality. Highly recommend the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear stags65,
Thanks very much indeed for your review, much appreciated. Abbey House is an ideal location for business or pleasure at a very competitive rate for the quality received. I'll be sure to pass on all of your kind comments to the team.
I hope to meet you in the near future.