All reviews stayed here good size plenty of storage space petrol station family funeral a large car park wedding reception town centre fresh fruit room was spacious visiting barrow biscuits breakfast was excellent comfortable stay the hotel staff top floor lounge
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

This is a Family-Run Hotel. All staff are very courteous, accommodating and display a professional attitude towards care and attention to detail. The hotel is located away from the town centre in a quiet residential area. Car parking is safe and secure. There is a small bar and a breakfast room plus a meeting/events room. Breakfast is excellent and so is the high speed free Wi-Fi. My double single-occupancy room was generous in size, comfortable, clean, warm and very good value for money.

The hotel offers evening meals at very competitive prices and will accommodate any dietary requirement such as vegetarian and diabetic. There is a pub nearby plus a small petrol station that offers basic snacks.

I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to visit Barrow.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Stayed here 1 night whilst in Barrow for family funeral, made good choice. Greeted very friendly on arrival and given details of nearby places to eat. Pub serving excellent meals and good choice of ales just across the road from hotel. The room was at the side of the hotel and was clean and well equipped. Comfy bed, good clean bathroom and plenty of tea/ coffee/ milk in room, which is a nice change. Good facilities, although we didnt use them as only 1 night. Breakfast was excellent, plenty to eat, well cooked and tasty. Set us up nice for the day. Rooms are comfortable and clean decor. What more do you need. If you want new modern decor with purple stripes, then check into travelodge. We will definitely use this place again when visiting Barrow.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I can’t fault the hotel. I am enjoying my stay at the hotel and I like the friendliness of the staff. There’s plenty of parking and the food’s great. My room has everything I need to make me feel relaxed and comfortable. I am thoroughly enjoying my time at the hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Our stay here was comfortable without being either fussy or pretentious. The rooms are clean and comfortable with fresh liniment offered for stays of more than one night. The friendly staff do all they can to help if guests have queries or problems. The full breakfast is very good, nice fresh produce, well cooked and served promptly. Part of our stay included a wedding reception which was very well catered. The meal was hot, tasty and exceptionally well cooked. No soggy vegetables despite there being a large number to feed. Some of the rooms would benefit from a ‘facelift’ as they are a little dated but there really is everything that you need available at a very reasonable cost.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stayed at the Lisdoonie from August 31st till September 4th, 2017 for a family event.

We found the Lisdoonie through Booking.com and all in all our stay was perfect.

My girlfriend being a vegan was no problem and they actually had a full warm vegan breakfast for her during her stay.

The room (Room no. 10) was on the top floor (accesable through 2 stairs) was spacious but in time could do with a little bit of updating (in a couple of spots the wallpaper was coming loose). The room was nice and clean and so was the bathroom.

The only small "downside" I have found was when I was approaching the Lisdoonie for the first time from the direction of the city centre is that it was unclear that I had to take a turn just before the hotel to get to the car park. A minor thing though and not worth to downgrade the review.

Nice atmosphere, resonable priced, good rooms, good breakfast (and vegan friendly).

Would definately book again and would also recommend it to others.

Room tip: Vegan friendly, Good sized rooms, comfortable bed, nice location
Date of stay: September 2017